ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with mobile browsers?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bathanza

Issue with mobile browsers?

Post by bathanza » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 pm

I noticed that on my samsung mobile I get a pop up when I come to this site that my device is infected. I can close the site and can browse to other sites no issues.

happens in chrome as well in a new session.

No other sites have this issue, just the immigration board. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Mods - I suggest that someone on the web development side run scans and security checks. First thought I had was that the site was hacked. But clearly, desktop version is aokay.

Very puzzling.

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Issue with mobile browsers?

Post by KatieWills » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:42 am

I'm having the exact same problem, it started about 2 days ago. As soon as I access the site on mobile I get a pop-up saying the battery is infected and can't view the site at all. Phone has a pop-up blocker, have cleared cache, re-booted, run phone security scan but still can't access the site. Browsing on other sites is fine. Got hubby to try his phone and the same thing happened to him.

Both using Samsungs and up to date versions of Chrome.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Looks like it could be targeted malware on Samsung mobiles for this site. Or the site is infected targeting mobiles.

I dont have another device to check so will see, thanks for letting me know too! I'm going to desktop browsers to see replies etc. :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Seen on Motorola cellphone too (Chrome browser).
Appears to be a form of redirection malware.

May be removed (from mobile) by clearing Chrome browser data cache.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.