ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Search/New topics/my posts

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Search/New topics/my posts

Post by Kiwelshi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 am

Hi all, can someone please let me know how to get the search function activated and also have the "view new posts" to use. I also can't "view my posts". Curious if it's a manual setting or tools that are added for individuals. Kind Regards

noajthan

Re: Search/New topics/my posts

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 am

Kiwelshi wrote:Hi all, can someone please let me know how to get the search function activated and also have the "view new posts" to use. I also can't "view my posts". Curious if it's a manual setting or tools that are added for individuals. Kind Regards
Usually it just works.

Are you using any particular device (tablet, iPad) or specific type of browser when you experience such difficulties :?:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:03 pm

I have the search function available but as soon as I log in it dissapears. I am on android (the same device as my wife) and when I am on PC it is the same with none of those options, thought it might be my user settings or something?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Kiwelshi wrote:I have the search function available but as soon as I log in it dissapears. I am on android (the same device as my wife) and when I am on PC it is the same with none of those options, thought it might be my user settings or something?
The advanced search link does not appear on every page.

Can you access it via : http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php ?

I find I can also always get to it by clicking on 'View your posts' - the advanced search link then appears in the header on the subsequent page (that lists your posts).

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:25 pm

I clicked the link and it says I am not permitted to use the search function. I don't have an option to "view my posts". I have no other options next to my user control panel. My wife also has view unread posts etc. I have nil, only way to navigate is via board index. My wife said hers were the same until she inquired about it and then they changed for her

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Kiwelshi wrote:I clicked the link and it says I am not permitted to use the search function. I don't have an option to "view my posts". I have no other options next to my user control panel. My wife also has view unread posts etc. I have nil, only way to navigate is via board index. My wife said hers were the same until she inquired about it and then they changed for her
Bizarre.

Similar case:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 14318.html

As suggested there you can use google to search ImmigrationBoards until your rights may be enhanced.

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Thanks Noajthan, I guess it's just a case of hurry up an wait then :!: :)