ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Search not available to registered users. Why?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CMOS
Newly Registered

Search not available to registered users. Why?

Post by CMOS » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm

I wanted to look for some information recently, but couldn't find the search field, however I can remember that I was able to use the search when I came here for the first time. I wasn't registered then, so decided to give log-out a try, and voila! It worked!

This means that anyone (unregistered guest) can use the search, but cannot post. And once you've registered you can start posting, but lose ability to use native search engine. I cannot see any logic behind this. Would it be possible to allow all registered users (including Newly registered) use the search engine without having to log out?

The only solution from this topic
comments-about-discussion-board/read-me ... 13844.html
that worked for me (I'm in both Registered users and Newly registered users groups) was Google search... But perhaps logging out option could be at least added to suggestions as it might be more convenient than using Google.