ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestion for "Getting Started for Newbies" post

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Muira
United States of America

Suggestion for "Getting Started for Newbies" post

Post by Muira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

After my experience with initially joining this site, I was wondering if it may be helpful to newly registered members to compose a condensed post, hitting the important points of the getting started and netiquette posts. After reading over many threads, it also struck me that many people aren't native speakers of English. Using simpler English may make it easier for those who aren't fluent in the language likelier to understand the guidelines.

I agree that everything written in both posts are good for others to know before posting, but people may be more likelier to read shorter posts than longer ones.

What do you think of my suggestion?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Suggestion for "Getting Started for Newbies" post

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:22 pm

There is already one. We cannot force people to read them at sign up, so members learn the hard way.

Read Me - Getting Started - Top 25 FAQs (click), posted in every sub forum months ago already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Muira
United States of America

Re: Suggestion for "Getting Started for Newbies" post

Post by Muira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Ah, I see, I didn't realise that was already the shortened version.