ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The "bad quality" thing

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

avjones
Diamond Member

The "bad quality" thing

Post by avjones » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:35 am

Why one earth, if one types F-A-K-E as a normal word, does it get changed to "bad quality"? It looks like a very dubious euphemism.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Casa

Re: The "bad quality" thing

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:52 am

I think I attempted to explain this previously, but you may have missed it. The forum is flooded with spam, the majority of which is for f a k e documents. Often moderators are unable to react straight away to delete the posts and ban the spammers. The Board is set to change f a k e to 'bad quality' which isn't as appealing for anyone thinking of purchasing them.
This is something that is set by the Board Administrator and includes a multitude of other 'spammy' words. G o o d q u a l i t y for instance auto changes to 'rubbish quality'. I do agree that there may be a better alternative.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: The "bad quality" thing

Post by avjones » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 am

Sorry Casa, I did miss it. And that makes perfect sense, thank you.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.