ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Too many stickies

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

grand100
Newly Registered

Too many stickies

Post by grand100 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:18 am

If only the number of stickies can be limited to 5. Some forum like the General UK forum or the HSMP has too many stickes. This makes the new posts move to the bottom and skip one's eyes.
You may replace the stickies by a FAQ that can be updated periodically to include newer queries.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:40 am

I agree with your observation. However putting together a FAQ list is a comprehensive and time consuming task. Moderating the bb is purely a voluntary responsibility which the moderators are doing in their spare time. There is very little time left for doing anything else.

basis

Post by basis » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:28 am

Not only that people for whom the FAQs are made dont plough through consolidated list many times and go for easy route of starting new threads.

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:13 pm

I completely agree esp. when some of the stickies are obsolete.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:14 pm

I think the stickies should automatically purge after two months inactivity.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>