ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to view people's profiles

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cool_user
Newly Registered
India

Unable to view people's profiles

Post by cool_user » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:42 pm

When I click on any username, in attempt to view their profile, it tells me that I need to login, to be able to view the profile. So then I login, and then I get something on the lines of "You don't have the right to view profiles". And then once logged in, I no more get the "hand" cursor when I hover the mouse arrow to any username, so it is not possible to click any username, to view the profile.

Can I be told what could be the reason I am not being able to view profiles?

Sometimes I find people's' postings impressive and indicative of their good knowledge, and that encourages me to find out whether those people have contributed more useful info in other posts as well.

And so the ability to view profiles would be useful because that is where one can find the list of other postings of people.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unable to view people's profiles

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Can I be told what could be the reason I am not being able to view profiles?
Likely because you are a new user with only one single post (this one).

You could of course post your own circumstances and questions in your own topic and wait for members to respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool_user
Newly Registered
India

Post by cool_user » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you advise me who I should go to, to confirm that the reason is my being a new user?

How many posts do I need to make for gaining the ability to view others' profiles?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm

You probably need between 10 and 30 post to get full function/full access. Any nonsense posts purely to increase post count will be deleted though.

We don't know why new users have these issues and there is no one you can 'contact'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool_user
Newly Registered
India

Post by cool_user » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Thanks.

If it is that after "n" number of posts one gets the ability to view people's profiles, then this "n" must be a configured parameter in the system, and there must be someone (e.g. other moderators, or, site administrators, or, technical/siteMaintenence team) who knows the value of "n".

Can anyone else mention what was the value of "n" in their case?

Thanks .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:40 pm

The admin of the forum is based in Eastern Europe, where the site is hosted. The parameters that have been set are mostly due to past experience of elements of abuse etc by newly registered members joining the forum and having full access.

Simplest would be to start your own topic if you have questions on a particular immigration issue or advise which users particularly you are so keen on accessing their posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Denti99
Newly Registered

Post by Denti99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Hiya

Newbie here, I was wondering the exact same thing lol. Some folks have solid knowledge on these forums. Thanks for clearing it up. 👍🏻

Jordan G
Newly Registered

Post by Jordan G » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Same—I was confused why I can't access most features, including search, setting a flag/avatar, private messages, viewing other user's profiles… even viewing my own posting history! (I wanted to see if another user in the same situation to me had any related posts.)

I guess there must be some minimum number of posts before those features are enabled. I'm guessing it's somewhere below 30 because I've seen users with that many posts who have set a flag for themselves.

upliam
United States of America

Post by upliam » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:56 pm

I am having same issue.
Reading this information was helpful to understand how the site works.
Thank you for information!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm

upliam wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:56 pm
I am having same issue.
Reading this information was helpful to understand how the site works.
Thank you for information!
Likely the same reason as the PM privilege function as per your other post in the other topic. The moderators have no control over these functions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RFC1795
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by RFC1795 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks for the info... explains why I can't as well.