ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happened to all the Moderators?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Docterror

What happened to all the Moderators?

Post by Docterror » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 am

I used to look forward to posts made by them especially ppron747, Chess and Kayalami. Any particular reason John had to turn into a one-man-army?
Jabi

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:47 am

Docterror,

Moderators are extremely busy people who do this work on a voluntary basis!

We do sometimes get work requiring us to be overseas sometimes, our families 'expand' and get new jobs etc...which means that sometimes we do go 'quiet' on the posting side but we regularly read the posts!

To be honest, this board has answered queries to so many questions that most of the issues raised have previously been responded to - therefore not requiring our in put...

..if you have an extremely burning issue then send a 'PM' to the moderator of your choice

Regards
Chess
Where there is a will there is a way.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:26 pm

I was aware that the moderators did the work on a voluntary basis and I also do agree that most of the queries seems to have already been answered to in the past. I had already guessed that it must be the hectic schedules of the day to day life that must have made the other moderators reduce their daily input.

Its just that the almost total lack of input from the moderators just made it look like they had abandoned the board and thus take the comfort of knowing that a lot of knowledgable people are around to correct you in case we make a false turn somewhere.

Right now, inspite of taking extreme caution, I fear for any advice that I give wondering about the damage I might do if John or JAJ were to miss any mistake I accidentally make. I am aware that it is a boring, tiring and thankless task to be sitting and answering the same questions over and over again with the occasional poster coming back to complain how wrong the advice was, but I have to admire John not for his knowledge or the charisma that he brings about to the board, but for his consistency in replying and for not deciding to go 'quiet'.

I do not have any extremly burning issue that needs answering, but its nice to know that I can still PM the moderators in case one arises. Its also wonderful to know that you still regularly read the posts and thanks for all the good work you have all done so far.
Jabi

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Do bear in mind as well that it is not just moderators who answer questions and provide information, there are quite a few of us (myself included) who regularly contribute to this forum and are not moderators.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Yes, Dawie. And quite a few people do grace these boards hoping specifically to get some reply from you as well... to the extend that even a couple days absence from the board by you is duly noted.

Now that you are joining the elite gang with number of posts in 4 digits, ever wondered the about giving John some company?
Jabi