ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years for EEA family member starts from WHEN

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wingpin
Newly Registered
Australia

5 years for EEA family member starts from WHEN

Post by wingpin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 am

Hello,

So my EEA partner started exercising his treaty rights in UK in 11/2012, and I arrived the same month.

My EEA residency card was issued 06/2013.

Therefore because of the treaty rights I thought my 5 year period to gain PR status was 11/2012-11/2017.

HOWEVER I have been issued a PR card with according to the card, so the 5 year period is deemed 06/2013-06/2018.

IS THIS CORRECT OR COULD I BE APPLYING/OBTAINING CITIZENSHIP EARLIER??

secret.simon

Re: 5 years for EEA family member starts from WHEN

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Did you receive a letter along with the PR Card? That typically states the date that you were deemed to have acquired PR.

Did you submit proof of your EEA citizen's spouse exercising treaty rights from November 2012 onwards?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.