we went through a long painful journey with no outcomes. Hope you may help as advising..
I am EEA national of Czech Republic. My wife is Russian. She has a permanent residence card of a family member of EEA national (me), issued in the Czech Republic. Before she had 'just' (temporary?) residence card (that is not valid as Article 10 because it was issued in CZ).
I can understand that jet2 didn't allow her to board with the previous document, though there are statements found e.g. in http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016 ... on/11/made
that she should be allowed to UK once she reaches the borders. We have certified translation of our marriage and other documents about my job in UK etc., still jet2 didn't allow us boarding the plane from CZ to UK.
We applied for Family Permit then, waited several weeks, only to get a refusal since the operator didn't believe I am Czech national. Indeed I have seen nowhere any condition that we should include also some... photocopy of my own passport or so... My ID number was stated in the application, together with other information, but it wasn't enough.
Now we are considering to simply go on her new permanent residence card, hoping it is Article 20 card - but it is unclear. Most of information on web is about Article 10. I read https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card
- it is not clear if article 20 card should be also issued in non-my country. Directly in the https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Le ... 123:en:PDF
I see the explanation in Article 10 that makes me admit that Article 10 card should be issued by non-my country but Article 20 just states that 'a permanent card for non-eu family members should be issued to them'.
the gov.uk 'do you need visa' states only Article 10 card condition (that we don't have) and not Article 20 at all. Some older document I found here https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clin ... -final.pdf
makes me understand that perhaps Article 20 should also be issues by non-my country which we don't have.
In any case, seeing http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016 ... on/11/made
11(2), it seems that we should be allowed even without Family Permit.
However I do not get clear confirmation (cannot reach embassy by phone, an airplane company say I should get statement from embassy, gov.uk call operator do not know, immigration advisor would help me if I pay him 350 GBP).
Does anyone know here? Any recommendations? What if we will reach UK by car, or perhaps if we fly through Ireland? Or simply another company, perhaps Ryanair? I am waiting for the possibility of having my wife with me since October (we had to wait for new passport etc.). So I am not very happy to resend the Family Permit application, including certified translation of copy of my passport etc. since I already do not trust that it will not get refused for yet another reason, anyway meaning waiting another month.