ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone waiting on EEA4 more than me?

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

How long did your EEA4 application take (or is taking) to be completed?

less than 6 months
16
33%
6 months
8
17%
between 6 months and 13 months
15
31%
more than 13 months
9
19%
 
Total votes: 48

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 am

Called HO today and i was told that my case is awaiting consideration , do any one know what this mean , how long will it take before a decison can be made ?

lina katen
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: \zxc
Contact:

Post by lina katen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I just got my PR. It arrived Monday 6th of Sept. My lawyer just informed me today though.
Time Line:
HO received Documents 26 Feb. 2010
Confirmation letter received 31 March 2010

Called 2 times before the 6 month period I was informed that it is still with the Case work Team awaiting consideration.

Called on the 26 of august just when 6 months elapsed I was told my case is in the final stages.

Received my PR by mail on the 6th of September 2010.

Total waiting time 6 months and 10 days.

Reading the forums everyone who was told it’s in the final stages got their documents back with a positive decision within 2 weeks. Including me.

I guess “Final Stagesâ€

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 am

[quote="lina katen"]I just got my PR. It arrived Monday 6th of Sept. My lawyer just informed me today though.
Time Line:
HO received Documents 26 Feb. 2010
Confirmation letter received 31 March 2010

Called 2 times before the 6 month period I was informed that it is still with the Case work Team awaiting consideration.

Called on the 26 of august just when 6 months elapsed I was told my case is in the final stages.

Received my PR by mail on the 6th of September 2010.

Total waiting time 6 months and 10 days.

Reading the forums everyone who was told it’s in the final stages got their documents back with a positive decision within 2 weeks. Including me.

I guess “Final Stagesâ€

lina katen
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: \zxc
Contact:

Post by lina katen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:01 am

mamag wrote:
congratulation , when did HO inform you that your application was awaiting consideration , my apllication will be 5 months today with HO, and when i called yesterday , i was told my application is awaiting consideration .
the last time i was told its with the case work team awating consideration was around the 5 months period. You also have to remember that PR are issued a month before you recieve your doc. by mail. Around the time i was told it was under consideration was the same time my PR was dated. Not sure why.

SunBlue
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:01 am

Post by SunBlue » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi All,
Just writing to advise on the timeframe of my application:
Sent application to the Home Office on the 15th of March and today (10th of September) I have received all my documents back with my Permanent Residence Card.

So it took a bit short of 6 months.

The residence card is in one A4 sheet as I had requested my passport back and they didn't bother requesting the passport to put the stamp, which is fine.

Next step is the citizenship! :-) I am really happy today!
My situation: arrived in 2005 as a tourist and applied for an unmarried partner visa - at the time this was the EEC1 form.
I was given a residence permit (a UK residence permit), this pink visa. I had already a civil partnership in Germany but it was not recognized under UK neither European law.

2 years later for extension with form EEA2 and was given 5 years.
But after 3 years (now) I applied under EEA4 as it completes 5 years living with my partner (2 years under a UK residence permit + 3 under the EEA residence card).

Probably they considered that I have been always a dependent of an EEA citizen and that's why I got it.
I was only slightly afraid they could tell me to complete 5 years with the EEA2. But everything fine and sorted :-)

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

lina katen wrote:
mamag wrote:
congratulation , when did HO inform you that your application was awaiting consideration , my apllication will be 5 months today with HO, and when i called yesterday , i was told my application is awaiting consideration .
the last time i was told its with the case work team awating consideration was around the 5 months period. You also have to remember that PR are issued a month before you recieve your doc. by mail. Around the time i was told it was under consideration was the same time my PR was dated. Not sure why.
Thanks for the quick response, i found it very useful, hopeful i will get my PR in 4 weeks time

SunBlue
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:01 am

Post by SunBlue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:54 am

Mamag,
I called them when my application was 5 months old and I was told that it was awaiting for consideration. This annoyed me so much!
But as we have seen other people here, I am sure you will receive yours in about 4 weeks time.
I got mine yesterday and I am extremely happy and relieved! Now I'm checking the British Citizenship section on this forum! Fingers crossed and you will get yours so soon!

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Glauco wrote:Mamag,
I called them when my application was 5 months old and I was told that it was awaiting for consideration. This annoyed me so much!
But as we have seen other people here, I am sure you will receive yours in about 4 weeks time.
I got mine yesterday and I am extremely happy and relieved! Now I'm checking the British Citizenship section on this forum! Fingers crossed and you will get yours so soon!
@ Glauco, thanks for the info I was also annoyed when i spoke to them but reading positive messages from you guys actually lifted up my spirit

coolcalm
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by coolcalm » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:22 pm

mamag wrote:
lina katen wrote:
mamag wrote:
congratulation , when did HO inform you that your application was awaiting consideration , my apllication will be 5 months today with HO, and when i called yesterday , i was told my application is awaiting consideration .
the last time i was told its with the case work team awating consideration was around the 5 months period. You also have to remember that PR are issued a month before you recieve your doc. by mail. Around the time i was told it was under consideration was the same time my PR was dated. Not sure why.
Thanks for the quick response, i found it very useful, hopeful i will get my PR in 4 weeks time
I got my PR on Friday 17/09. Applied Feb 09. The stamp was dated 12/08. You will soon rcv urs too like mamag mentioned above.

rani1874
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

STILL WAITING

Post by rani1874 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 am

HELLO THERE
IT IS VERY GOOD TO SEE LOT GET THER PR RECENTLY
BUT IM STILL WAITING FOR MINE I HAVE BENN TOLD MY CASE UNDER CONCEDERATION ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO
TO THOSE WHO JUST GET THER PR PLEASE DID THE HOME OFFICE ASKED FOR MORE DECOUMENT ?????????? OR STRIGHT SEND YOU PR?
I FEEL LEFT ALONE HERE
IT SEMECE EVERY ONE MOVED TO CITZENSHIP CHAPTER
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE
HOPE TO GET MY PR SOONNNN
SO I CAN PLAN MY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG HOLIDAY

darb1
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:32 am

must be one of the longest?

Post by darb1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I must be one of the longest...surely. Has anyone had to deal with a similar situation?

June 2004 - Married in the UK to EEA National residing in the UK. We had lived together as an unmarried couple in a number of other countries before settling in the UK.

June 2004 – Applied for EEA family visa

July 2004 - Received 5 year EEA family visa

September 2008 - Divorced

July 2009 - Applied for PR

July 2009 - Got letter of receipt

August 2009 - Application returned to me requesting “additional documentationâ€

rani1874
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by rani1874 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

call ho today again
my case been looked at but no decision been made yet
asked how long it take more ? can not say but you have to wait !!!
any idea??

Mary1
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Mary1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi darb1

Reading your post you state:[quote]Application returned to me requesting “additional documentationâ€

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 pm

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy , got my PR today , 1 day before 6 months lapse.

EEA4 sent on 10-04-10 , HO received on 11-04-10 . PR received today , only called HO once

First of all , I will like to thank GOD, the Jehoval El shadah and thanks to everyone on this forum especially to Lina Katen, cityboy and Glauco.

This forum is the best , with this forum you do not need a lawyer :D

SunBlue
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:01 am

Post by SunBlue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Hey Mamag,
I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a great weekend and celebrate a bit! Go for a meal, do something nice!
It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Are you going to apply for the citizenship next year?
I just had my Life in the UK test and I passed it! All the best to you and your family!

mamag
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by mamag » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Glauco wrote:Hey Mamag,
I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a great weekend and celebrate a bit! Go for a meal, do something nice!
It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Are you going to apply for the citizenship next year?
I just had my Life in the UK test and I passed it! All the best to you and your family!
Thanx, Glauco, definitely , i am going to apply for citizenship next year April, plan to do life in the uk test before the end of the year

vadimvin
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by vadimvin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:28 pm

rani1874 wrote:call ho today again
my case been looked at but no decision been made yet
asked how long it take more ? can not say but you have to wait !!!
any idea??
hi,
how you managed to call them?
I can not go through the lines!

darb1
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:32 am

Appeal granted

Post by darb1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 am

Thank goodness! My appeal hearing was successful and am now just waiting for my passport to be returned with my PR stamp.

Can anyone tell me how long I will need to wait to get my passport back from the HO after a successful appeal? Is it possible to get it fast tracked in any way?

As a bit of background:
July 2009 - applied for PR
July 2010 – application refused
Sept 2010 – appeal hearing
Oct 2010 - appeal granted

many thanks!

dammykay
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm

PR RECEIVED TODAY

Post by dammykay » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 pm

HI EVERYONE,

GLORY BE TO ALMIGHTY GOD

GOT MY PR TODAY 22ND OF OCT'10

I APPLIED FOR ME & MY TWINS OF 13MONTHS OLD

ALL OUR PASSPORTS ENDOSED & ALL DOCUMENT RETURNED

APPLIED FOR EEA4 10th of may

HO RECEIVED BY 11TH OF MAY

COA RECEIVED ON 01/07/10 HO DATED 16/06/10

GOT PR TO DAY; 22/10/10 DATED 12/10/10.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MY BC NEXT YR

radi8
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Anyone waiting on EEA4 more than me?

Post by radi8 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Any recent EEA3 & EEA4 news...What is the current processing times ?

Post Reply
cron