ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

had66
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by had66 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 am

Hi everyone,is there anyone can help and reply to my questions??
I`m in plan to apply for a PR certificate this month.
I`m an EU(dutch) national and all my family members.I ll apply for it as all in one within the same form,IS THAT right?? my family is ME,MY WIFE,2 YOUNG KIDS(7&9) and MY OLDER SON (21 YR).
I don`t have a registration card but I worked and lived here since July 2009(3 years as employee and 3 years as self-employer) and my family came to live with me since Aug.2010.
Questions:
#all within the same form(https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf)??
#which sections should be filled?/
#is p60`s and tax return is enough or with payslips also??
#documents evidence for every member??what for the kids??
#evidence for benefit for 5 years??
I know its too many questions but it look likes I`m understanding the form wrong !! it ll be tons of papers with the copies of every original: work evidence/2 x residency evidence for every member of the family / benefit evidence.....
thanks for your help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:23 pm

had66 wrote:Hi everyone,is there anyone can help and reply to my questions??
I`m in plan to apply for a PR certificate this month.
I`m an EU(dutch) national and all my family members.I ll apply for it as all in one within the same form,IS THAT right?? my family is ME,MY WIFE,2 YOUNG KIDS(7&9) and MY OLDER SON (21 YR).
I don`t have a registration card but I worked and lived here since July 2009(3 years as employee and 3 years as self-employer) and my family came to live with me since Aug.2010.
Questions:

I know its too many questions but it look likes I`m understanding the form wrong !! it ll be tons of papers with the copies of every original: work evidence/2 x residency evidence for every member of the family / benefit evidence.....
thanks for your help
It will be complicated (& you will have to add copies of certain pages) but you can all apply on 'one' form.

Your link is broken, this is the form:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf

The form & guidance tells you which sections to complete.

The form advises what supporting documents will be required.
As sponsor it's mainly going to be all about your proof of exercising treaty rights.
For family members it's proof of their Identity & their relationship to you.
For adult son it's also about about showing dependency.

I do not think you can be compelled to answer questions about benefits.
(In fact you don't have to use that form at all in order to apply for confirmation of PR).

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CRM78
Newly Registered

Post by CRM78 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 pm

HI, I hope someone can help. My girlfriend is thinking of applying for British Citizenship & therefore needs to get Permanent Residence Certificate. Originally she came here in 2005 but returned to Poland for 6 months. She then returned in September 2009. When filling in the form which date should she put for arriving? We have documents to show she has been working etc since 2009 but we do not have many documents to cover the period she was originally here.
Why is the form so confusing or am I just really thick? :(
Thanks for ay help.

ablb
Newly Registered

Post by ablb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi!

I'm looking for timeline advise. When should I submit the PR application?

- I am a non EEA national, married to an EEA national.
- Entered the UK with a EEA Family Permit in July 2011.
- Obtained my Residence Card in Nov 2011, this will expire in Nov 2016.

Do I have to wait until the residence card expires to apply? if not, how many months in advance can I submit the application? as I've been living in the UK since July 2011, can I take that month (July 2016) into account instead of the expiration date of the residence card?

Finally, my spouse (EEA national) would also be applying for PR, currently my spouse has a registration certificate. Is it best to submit the 2 applications together? how does it affect timelines?

Thank you for your support :)

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 pm

CRM78 wrote:HI, I hope someone can help. My girlfriend is thinking of applying for British Citizenship & therefore needs to get Permanent Residence Certificate. Originally she came here in 2005 but returned to Poland for 6 months. She then returned in September 2009. When filling in the form which date should she put for arriving? We have documents to show she has been working etc since 2009 but we do not have many documents to cover the period she was originally here.
Why is the form so confusing or am I just really thick? :(
Thanks for ay help.
Hello

You may wish to consider the following:

If she arrived in February 2005, she may have acquired permanent residence in February 2010; therefore use the 2005 date as date of arrival;

However, she needs to show that she did not break the continuous residence requirement. So, if between February 2009 and February 2010, she was away for more than six months in total (i.e. Poland plus any other trips), then she would have broken the continuous residence rule and therefore would not be eligible in February 2010 for permanent residence;

If that is the case, the use the September 2009 date as date from which to calculate the five year period;

Also, if she is relying on employment to show that she was a 'qualified person' at any point between 2005 and 30 April 2011, she would have to show that she was covered by the Workers Registration Scheme (WRS) as required for Polish nationals;

Note that for any given period during the five year bracket, she will have to show that she was a qualified person (i.e. student, self-sufficient, seeking employment, worker, etc).

You may find this document useful as it cites some exceptions to the rule: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

Please note that this is not expert advice and not free from error.

All the best!

jotoia

Post by jotoia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi all
Does anyone know how quickly i can ask ho to return my passport back after submitting application.
Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:01 am

I think I read somewhere that you should wait at least 10 working days from the date of the application being received, if you do it sooner they may withdraw the application too.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:48 am

Today I complete 5 month since my application was sent on the 7 th August
Application sent 7 August
Ho received 10 August
Money drawed 12 August
Biometric received 17 August done same day
Changed address 30 August
Coa not received (believe via was sent old address)
Pr ????waiting
Maybe soon

raclette
Newly Registered

Post by raclette » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:40 am

had66 wrote: Questions:
#all within the same form(...)??
#which sections should be filled?/
Hi had66, you actually do not need to fill a form, all they need is a cover letter, payment and sufficient supporting documents. (It took me ages to sift through the form and fill in the relevant sections as it is so long, and I realised only afterwards that they accept applications without a form!) You need to state that you are applying for a PR card and enclose payment (you can even use the cover page and payment pages of the PR form if you want), explain the grounds on which you qualify, and provide sufficient supporting documents. I found the guidance notes that go with the form quite useful in understanding what documents to provide. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v1.pdf

flexcyb
Newly Registered

Post by flexcyb » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Indianlonly wrote:Today I complete 5 month since my application was sent on the 7 th August
Ho received 10 August
Money drawed 12 August
Pr ????waiting
Maybe soon

Hi indianlonly. We are both in the same boat. I applied same day as you.. I am also still waiting.. So hopefully we get some good new soon. I spoke to the home office a couple of days ago and I was told a decision hasnt been made but will be made in the next couple of weeks. So fingers crossed. Please let me know if you get any news. I will also let you know if I do..

London_canuck
Newly Registered

Post by London_canuck » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello my lovelies! I've just been looking through these incredibly helpful boards and am still feeling very needy. Any advice for me? I think I'm a pretty simple case - German national living here since 2006. I've been employed continuously in a salaried job throughout that time, never used any benefits.

I'm struggling with the proof of employment section where they say you need to give them a letter from each employer confirming my employment PLUS bank statements (I don't keep my pay stubs) PLUS P60s!!! Do I really need to go back to my four employers in the last 5 years? I have contracts, P60s, P45s and offer letters for each one. I only ever left to take a new job. Do they really want a bank statement for each month showing my salary?! And I don't want to go back to each employer - grrrr. What do you think?

This form is beyond confusing! But I did take away the advice to keep it simple so for those of you who were EEA nationals - do you suggest I keep it simple in terms of evidence of do I go whole hog and send them everything I've got (like 4 proofs of address per year instead of 1).

Thanks in advance! I'll keep you posted.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:59 am

If you are applying as EEA national, you only need to fill in sections 5, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 19.

TECHNICALLY you don't need to apply with the form at all, as they cannot refuse an application that doesn't use the official form. You can write a letter stating that you would like a document certifying PR, on the basis of exercising treaty rights for 5 years (if you are planning to apply for naturalisation, you should make sure you provide evidence of a 5 year period ending at least 12 months prior to the application). You need to include proof of residence, proof of employment, and absences from the UK within the 5 year period. Obviously you should enclose the fee too (cheque, or use their payment slip for debit/credit card).

You don't need to submit a payslip for each month of the 5 years. The P60 plus a couple of random pay slips from each year, along with a letter from each employer confirming the dates you were employed there should suffice.

As for residency, just submit a couple of bills and bank statements from each year (bank statements can also help prove employment if they show your salary payments).

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 am

flexcyb wrote:
Indianlonly wrote:Today I complete 5 month since my application was sent on the 7 th August
Ho received 10 August
Money drawed 12 August
Pr ????waiting
Maybe soon

Hi indianlonly. We are both in the same boat. I applied same day as you.. I am also still waiting.. So hopefully we get some good new soon. I spoke to the home office a couple of days ago and I was told a decision hasnt been made but will be made in the next couple of weeks. So fingers crossed. Please let me know if you get any news. I will also let you know if I do..
Ok mate will update you and you Too as well

London_canuck
Newly Registered

Post by London_canuck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks ohara! Excellent advice. Don't know why I'm being stubborn about going back to old employers for the confirmation of employment. I'm just being difficult :)

I shall post again after application and let you know how the timelines work out.

Cheers,
Tina.

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:46 pm

London_canuck wrote:Hello my lovelies! I've just been looking through these incredibly helpful boards and am still feeling very needy. Any advice for me? I think I'm a pretty simple case - German national living here since 2006. I've been employed continuously in a salaried job throughout that time, never used any benefits.

I'm struggling with the proof of employment section where they say you need to give them a letter from each employer confirming my employment PLUS bank statements (I don't keep my pay stubs) PLUS P60s!!! Do I really need to go back to my four employers in the last 5 years? I have contracts, P60s, P45s and offer letters for each one. I only ever left to take a new job. Do they really want a bank statement for each month showing my salary?! And I don't want to go back to each employer - grrrr. What do you think?

This form is beyond confusing! But I did take away the advice to keep it simple so for those of you who were EEA nationals - do you suggest I keep it simple in terms of evidence of do I go whole hog and send them everything I've got (like 4 proofs of address per year instead of 1).

Thanks in advance! I'll keep you posted.
Hello.

You need to be able to satisfy the caseworker that you were a qualified person (i.e. as a worker) for the five year period. To this end, you need to submit sufficient documentary evidence and this can be a combination of payslips, bank statements, letters from employers, P60s etc, as long as you are covering the five-year period. You don't need to obtain a letter from each employer but you can do if this is the only recourse for documentary evidence. If you do not have enough payslips to cover the period, you may complement with other documents such as bank statements. Bank statements are easy to obtain - your bank will charge you up to ten pounds to print all statements for the five year period and send them by post within a week.

You may find this guidance useful:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ed-persons

All the best!

ablb
Newly Registered

Post by ablb » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

ablb wrote:Hi!

Do I have to wait until the residence card expires to apply? if not, how many months in advance can I submit the application? as I've been living in the UK since July 2011, can I take that month (July 2016) into account instead of the expiration date of the residence card?

Finally, my spouse (EEA national) would also be applying for PR, currently my spouse has a registration certificate. Is it best to submit the 2 applications together? how does it affect timelines?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any advise on the above??? it would be of great help to us! Thank you and have a great evening! Cheers.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Guys I got my documents back nd letter confirming my right of perminant my timeline as below
7 August application was sent
10 August ho received ( late due to bank holiday )
20 August biometric receive nd done same day
Not recive coa due to change address but believe was sent old address
8 jan pr issued
9 jan received documents bk

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:07 pm

ablb wrote:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any advise on the above??? it would be of great help to us! Thank you and have a great evening! Cheers.

Hello.

It looks like the non-EEA national's 'qualified person' status started in July 2011 and will be eligible for PR in July 2016.

I consider that it may be better to apply together via the same form; it will probably add more credibility to your application. Unfortunately, I have no view on how this would affect the decision timeline.

All the best.

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I forgot to post my final update when I received my PR Card

Application sent by special delivery: 28.07.2015
Home Office received the application & signed: 29.07.2015
Application fee was taken from card: 30.07.2015
Received a confirmation email: N/A
Received Biometric Letter: 08.09.2015
Biometric Test Done 09.09.2015
Received the COA: 06.10.2015
Received PR confirmation letter: 15.12.15
Received PR Card: 24.12.15 (nice Xmas Present!)

So 5 months for me
Good luck to you all!

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:03 pm

ablb wrote:

Hi, per 18August2014 reply: you'll need to apply at or after July 2016 (5 yrs) but you can apply before your residence permit expires (this is what i did and is recommend as its a long delay).
Also recommend you both apply together.

background
Newly Registered

Post by background » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I thought my case would be simple as I am an EEA national, but turns out not so easy after all.
I have lived in the UK for almost 10 years, first 7 years were in full-time education, although I have also had full time jobs.
My issue is to prove that I had the comprehensive sickness insurance throughout the time in college and at uni. I had the EHIC card issued by my country (so non-UK), but stupidly I got rid of it when it expired. As a result I am not sure how long I was actually covered for with the EHIC and how I need to go about obtaining a proof that I had been insured?
One possible option is that until 25 I was insured under my dad's pension, would it suffice to obtain a statement saying that I was covered accordingly and then have a sworn translation of the document?
Alternatively, even though I was studying, I was also working, so do I still need the said insurance if I was paying NI continuously?

Also, as I am planning to apply for neutralisation and so it really confuses me - if i provide all of my residence history on the EEA PR form, i.e. including until now, even though the period would start 10 years ago, would it count against me? I.e. would I then need to wait a full year until applying for neutralisation? Do I really need to stop my evidence at a year ago? How do I go about it? I have been in a continous employment since the end of uni so every letter etc would say something like '2013 - present' and not have an end date, so do I purposely state my emplyment as, say, only 2013-2015?
It just seems so counter-intuitive!

I would really appreciate your advice!

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:18 pm

background wrote:Hi all,

I thought my case would be simple as I am an EEA national, but turns out not so easy after all.
I have lived in the UK for almost 10 years, first 7 years were in full-time education, although I have also had full time jobs.
My issue is to prove that I had the comprehensive sickness insurance throughout the time in college and at uni. I had the EHIC card issued by my country (so non-UK), but stupidly I got rid of it when it expired. As a result I am not sure how long I was actually covered for with the EHIC and how I need to go about obtaining a proof that I had been insured?
One possible option is that until 25 I was insured under my dad's pension, would it suffice to obtain a statement saying that I was covered accordingly and then have a sworn translation of the document?
Alternatively, even though I was studying, I was also working, so do I still need the said insurance if I was paying NI continuously?

Also, as I am planning to apply for neutralisation and so it really confuses me - if i provide all of my residence history on the EEA PR form, i.e. including until now, even though the period would start 10 years ago, would it count against me? I.e. would I then need to wait a full year until applying for neutralisation? Do I really need to stop my evidence at a year ago? How do I go about it? I have been in a continous employment since the end of uni so every letter etc would say something like '2013 - present' and not have an end date, so do I purposely state my emplyment as, say, only 2013-2015?
It just seems so counter-intuitive!

I would really appreciate your advice!

Hello.

Your case does not appear to be as difficult as you may think and there is plenty of information on this forum and on the web to help you. You may find the following document useful:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

I hope you find the following information also useful:

- You need to prove that you were in the UK for a continuous period of five years as a 'qualified person';
- It does not matter which five year period of the ten years you are opting for, as long as there were no break in continuity of the five-year period;
- You automatically acquire permanent residence at the end of the five years, regardless of whether you obtain a document to certify this or not
- However, to be able to apply for British citizenship, you should provide a document to certify permanent residence (called 'DCPR' - applied via the EEA3 form) AND have held permanent residence status for at least 12 months;
- So for example, if you attained permanent residence in October 2013, you would have been eligible to apply for naturalisation in October 2014 (provided you met the other naturalisation requirements), regardless of the date the DCPR was issued to you;
- Therefore, in essence, you need to count six years in total to be eligible for naturalisation;
- A qualified person can be a student, a jobseeker, a worker, a self-sufficient person, etc - as per the above document;
- Students are required to show they had comprehensive sickness insurance but workers or jobseekers are not;
- If you are relying on worker category when you were studying, you will need to convince the Home Office that that work was not "marginal" (i.e.where the work involves so little time and money that it is unrelated to the lifestyle of the worker. It is supplementary because the worker is clearly spending most of their time on something else, not work.)
- If your dad's pension provided you with comprehensive sickness insurance and you can prove this, then yes you can use this argument;
- If you've lost your EHIC but you know you were covered, contact the agency that issued the EHIC and ask them to provide you with a letter confirming the card number and the periods it covered. You can then get this translated by a competent translator;
- Re your employment history, you should write "2013-present" if you are still in the same company

I trust this is helpful but if you need further information, I suggest you provide a breakdown of the ten years indicating the activity you were performing during each period - this will be useful for members of this forum to help you. Note that some EEA nationals were required to register under a Workers Registration Scheme or Worker Authorisation Scheme before they were able to work - you need to check if your nationality was subject to those requirements.

All the best.

mughalsalyal
Newly Registered

Post by mughalsalyal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I am new here I have problem in filling pr form I am eu national and want to apply pr with my wife and childerns whome are also eu nationals I am main applicant will I also fill section 2 of pr form because section 11 for my wife says about sponsor in section 2 and same thing repeat in section 12 and section 13 please some one advise me what will I do

g722199

Post by g722199 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi guys,

Are there any information preferably official regulations that states how soon in advance one could apply for PR.

Please share

regards

background
Newly Registered

Post by background » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 am

18august2014 wrote:However, to be able to apply for British citizenship, you should provide a document to certify permanent residence (called 'DCPR' - applied via the EEA3 form) AND have held permanent residence status for at least 12 months
Thanks very much for your help. The above statement is news to me, I thought I needed to fill in the EEA PR form, not the EEA3???