ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ohara
Diamond Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: hiding in a badger sett

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:00 am

FREU wrote:Applications received 18/12/2015
Payment taken 21/12/2015
Confirmation email (only one email to my wife, did not get one for me) 11/01/2016
PR certificates issued 02/02/2016
PR certificates and all supporting documents (nothing missing) 06/02/2016
So altogether 7 weeks and that's including the Christmas and New Year period, not bad.
Pretty good timeline. They took my payment on 10/12/15 and I have received nothing yet :cry:

ohara
Diamond Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: hiding in a badger sett

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 am

ALIADNAN770 wrote:NATIONALCAME TO UK AS STUDENT FROM PAKISTAN 21 NOVEMBER 2009
MERRIED LITHUANIAN NATIONAL 28 JANUARY 2011
GOT MY RESIDENCE DOCUMENT ISSUED ON 21 JULY 2011 (EXPIRY DATE 21 JULY 2016)
OUR CHILD BORN SEPTEMBER 2016
SEAPREATED MAY 2012
DIVORCE ON 1ST JULY 2015
APPLIED FOR RETAIN OF RIGHTS (RESIDENCE CARD) ON 18 AUGUST 2015
GOT MY BPR RESIDENCE CARD ISSUED ON 19 JANUARY 2016

(AS MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY DUE ON 28 JANUARY 2016)

I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR PERMANENCT RESIDENCE ON 06 FEBUARY 2016 IT SHOULD BE WITH HOME OFFICE ON TUESDAY 9TH FEBUARY.

CAN ANY 1 SHARE TIMELINE ON THIS PAGE NOT STORIES. PLZ
Timeline thread for EEA nationals: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 75-20.html

Also,

Image

jotoia
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by jotoia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi all

How change of address happens? Is there any form to fill or do I need to call HO?
And my timeline: application sent19.01.16, received by HO 20.01.16, fee taken 22.01.16, biometrics letter dated 03.02.16, biometrics enrolled 08.02.16.

Cheers everyone

monika82
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by monika82 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:40 am

hi all. hope anyone will be able to help me
I'm filling now my EEA(PR) form.
long story short: I' polish nationality, self-employed last 6 years. Husband's Egyptian, on his Residence Card of a family member of an EEA national which is it to expire 03/03/2016.
we r using one form for us both, where I'm the main applicant and I have just add my husband as a non-EEA family member.
I'm really struggling with understanding few sections so pls helppppp
as already been advised here on the forum- section 2 (sponsor details ) I left blank as me as a EEA national don't have sponsor.
But in section 3 "About you application" I have marked only 3.1 -second point which states- "I have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as a EEA NATIONAL...."
Question 1: should I fill up the point 3.2 "Family members and extended family members" - as its stated- "if you are>or anyone applying with you is>applying on the basis that you/they are a family member or extended family member during the qualifying period, thick the relevant box(es) below and complete relevant sections as directed" :roll:

then I made two copies of section 5("Residence in the UK and previous EEA documentation"): one for me, one for my husband.
In his copy of section 5 in point 5.5 (" Do you hold any EEA residence documentation listed below")- i marked for my husband that he holds Residence card. But next point 5.6 i found really confusing (5.6"Were any of the above documents issued to you on the basis that you are,were, the family member or extended family member of the sponsor named in section 2?"). I haven't put anyones name in section 2 as like I said I don't need a sponsor as I'm self employed EEA national...but his residence card been obtained on the basic he is my husband.

pls help

akhan01
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by akhan01 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Dear All,

I am a Dutch National Living in the UK since 2005, I was a student before and then went on to studying at university as a Home student and after graduation in 2011 successfully running my own business.

I married my husband who is of Pakistani nationality and at that time was on work permit (in 2012 although that we had to drop due to him becoming unemployed)

He has received his Residence Card through EEA2 form in Nov 2014, my question is now I am applying for EEA PR and want to add him on, although he himself has been living in the UK since 2007 on work permit but has been married to me since 2012. If I receive my PR, does that mean he will get his too the same time? or does he have to be married to me for 5 years before he can apply?

Anyone had such experience? I'd really like to hear

Thank you

Mrs Khan

Radmir
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Radmir » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi all,
I submit my EEA(PR) application on 27 Jan 2015, payment taken 29 Jan. Up to date (9 Feb 2015), I haven't received COA (certificate of application) letter or Home Office refence number. I urgently need a COA letter or refence number to present to my employer to confirm my right to work here. HO advised to send letter to same address I sent my application to (What I did. Still no reply) and response was if you wont get reference number on time you will loose your job. I though that it's can't be right? Can you please advice what can I do to get reference number earlier and what if I won't get it in time? Will I loose my job? Maybe somebody else had same problem?
Many thanks,
Rad

User avatar
toni34
- thin ice -
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:27 pm
Location: UK
Mood:
Contact:
Nigeria

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by toni34 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Home office today has received my application for PR for my self and my unmarried partner , I am non eu while she is Eu, she exercised her rights as self employed , till I got my RC then she was self sufficient relying on my income had 5 years comprehensive insurance then she has started a job a week before I summitted the applications so just added the job address , contact number and the contracted hours !
NON EU national with RC

k7bs
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by k7bs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:50 am

akhan01 wrote:Dear All,

I am a Dutch National Living in the UK since 2005, I was a student before and then went on to studying at university as a Home student and after graduation in 2011 successfully running my own business.

I married my husband who is of Pakistani nationality and at that time was on work permit (in 2012 although that we had to drop due to him becoming unemployed)

He has received his Residence Card through EEA2 form in Nov 2014, my question is now I am applying for EEA PR and want to add him on, although he himself has been living in the UK since 2007 on work permit but has been married to me since 2012. If I receive my PR, does that mean he will get his too the same time? or does he have to be married to me for 5 years before he can apply?

Anyone had such experience? I'd really like to hear

Thank you

Mrs Khan
The 5 year qualifying period starts from the date the non EEA national got married to EEA national (you) assuming you were living and working/exercising your treaty rights in the UK for this continuous period. In your case your husband will qualify for PR in 2017.
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

Olesia28
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Olesia28 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi guys


I am an EU national-Estonian, and just been told that I need to apply for permanent residency card , wait 12 months since issue and then apply for British citizenship:(

i have been living in UK since 2002

i am looking through the form and have few questions , hoping someone might be able to clarify:

in the sections where you have to rite about your jobs and travel outside of UK, it says state all the activity since you have entered UK( which is 2002 for me) so do i need to provide all info since 2002 or can i just start writing from the 5 year qualifying period?

to be honest as my passport never needed stamping i cannot recall all the travels that i have done even for the last 5 years, but can find the dates for majority, so how can i go about those sections?

any help will be appreciated

thanks

makizdenko
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by makizdenko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone recently filled an EEA (PR) form? It is so cnfusing as my husband (EEA national) and me (non EEA national) wanted to apply together for PR and PR card (for myself).
We named him as the main applicant and myself as additional family member but some questions are so confusinf, I am not sure if they are asking him or me for information. Also, they mention a sponsor. I am not sure if he is my sponsor or shall I leave it blank?

Thanks in advance.

ALIADNAN770
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:50 am

ALIADNAN770 wrote:i CAME TO UK AS STUDENT FROM PAKISTAN 21 NOVEMBER 2009
MERRIED LITHUANIAN NATIONAL 28 JANUARY 2011
GOT MY RESIDENCE DOCUMENT ISSUED ON 21 JULY 2011 (EXPIRY DATE 21 JULY 2016)
OUR CHILD BORN SEPTEMBER 2016
SEAPREATED MAY 2012
DIVORCE ON 1ST JULY 2015
APPLIED FOR RETAIN OF RIGHTS (RESIDENCE CARD) ON 18 AUGUST 2015
GOT MY BPR RESIDENCE CARD ISSUED ON 19 JANUARY 2016

(AS MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY DUE ON 28 JANUARY 2016)

I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR PERMANENCT RESIDENCE ON 06 FEBUARY 2016 IT SHOULD BE WITH HOME OFFICE ON TUESDAY 9TH FEBUARY.

CAN ANY 1 SHARE TIMELINE ON THIS PAGE NOT STORIES. PLZ
APPLICATION RECIEVED BY HO ON TUESDAY 09 FEB 2016
TODAY THEY DEDUCTED PAYMENT 65£ ON 12 FEB 2016

Rmfc19
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:15 am

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Rmfc19 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:45 am

jotoia wrote:Hi all

How change of address happens? Is there any form to fill or do I need to call HO?
And my timeline: application sent19.01.16, received by HO 20.01.16, fee taken 22.01.16, biometrics letter dated 03.02.16, biometrics enrolled 08.02.16.

Cheers everyone

Hello Jotoia,

You can do so through this link https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... Update.ofm

You will not get any confirmation after the change had been made which takes 3 working days. But you do get a confirmation of your request.

beaujam90
- thin ice -
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by beaujam90 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:49 am

ALIADNAN770 wrote:
ALIADNAN770 wrote:i CAME TO UK AS STUDENT FROM PAKISTAN 21 NOVEMBER 2009
MERRIED LITHUANIAN NATIONAL 28 JANUARY 2011
GOT MY RESIDENCE DOCUMENT ISSUED ON 21 JULY 2011 (EXPIRY DATE 21 JULY 2016)
OUR CHILD BORN SEPTEMBER 2016
SEAPREATED MAY 2012
DIVORCE ON 1ST JULY 2015
APPLIED FOR RETAIN OF RIGHTS (RESIDENCE CARD) ON 18 AUGUST 2015
GOT MY BPR RESIDENCE CARD ISSUED ON 19 JANUARY 2016

(AS MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY DUE ON 28 JANUARY 2016)

I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR PERMANENCT RESIDENCE ON 06 FEBUARY 2016 IT SHOULD BE WITH HOME OFFICE ON TUESDAY 9TH FEBUARY.

CAN ANY 1 SHARE TIMELINE ON THIS PAGE NOT STORIES. PLZ
APPLICATION RECIEVED BY HO ON TUESDAY 09 FEB 2016
TODAY THEY DEDUCTED PAYMENT 65£ ON 12 FEB 2016

hi ALIADNAN770
So the most important is done , you just need the Biometric to do and then to forget about it for at least 5 months.

18august2014
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by 18august2014 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:02 am

Olesia28 wrote:Hi guys


I am an EU national-Estonian, and just been told that I need to apply for permanent residency card , wait 12 months since issue and then apply for British citizenship:(

i have been living in UK since 2002

i am looking through the form and have few questions , hoping someone might be able to clarify:

in the sections where you have to rite about your jobs and travel outside of UK, it says state all the activity since you have entered UK( which is 2002 for me) so do i need to provide all info since 2002 or can i just start writing from the 5 year qualifying period?

to be honest as my passport never needed stamping i cannot recall all the travels that i have done even for the last 5 years, but can find the dates for majority, so how can i go about those sections?

any help will be appreciated

thanks

Hello.

You don't need to wait for 12 months from obtaining your document certifying permanent residence (DCPR) to apply for British Citizenship. The Home Office will record in their database the date you acquired permanent residence, irrespective of the date of your DCPR.

I suggest that you pick any five year period since 2002 that you feel will be most appropriate and easier for you to provide the evidence, but no later than January 2010 to allow for 5+1 years required for British Citizenship.

You will need to list all travels outside the UK in the five year period you are picking (e.g. Feb 2009 to Feb 2014). I don't know how you can go around it if you don't know your travel history for that period - perhaps seek legal advice, or browse this forum further. You could also browse the answers by the government or ask the government: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com . Note that you will still need this information when applying for British Citizenship, so best to get this clarified.

You might find these useful:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... .docx.html

All the best.

Ropaty
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Ropaty » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Hello All,

I'm getting very concerned at the moment...
I have applied for my PR Card on 24/11/15, received the Biometric letter on11/12/15, enrolled on 15/12/15 and since now haven't received the confirmation letter or the PR card itself. What should I do or contact? My work is requesting some confirmation of right to work and I do not have at the moment. Any words of wisdom anyone?

Ali12035
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm
Germany

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Ali12035 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi,
I am family member of EEA national, we holding PR card in January 2016. I have a child from my ex who came to join us on EEA family permit 2 year before.
My question.

When my child can apply for PR? He is 12 year old.



Thanks

Carling40
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 am
Australia

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Carling40 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Ropaty wrote:Hello All,

I'm getting very concerned at the moment...
I have applied for my PR Card on 24/11/15, received the Biometric letter on11/12/15, enrolled on 15/12/15 and since now haven't received the confirmation letter or the PR card itself. What should I do or contact? My work is requesting some confirmation of right to work and I do not have at the moment. Any words of wisdom anyone?
Hi Ropaty
You should have got your COA, we applied around the same time. Try not to panic... its easier said than done i know.

2 things..
1. Email NWEUROCOARequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.UK with your case id(see biometric request letter) and details e.g name, nationality etc and ask them to send your COA.

2. Ask your employer to carry out a ECS check with the HO, the form asks for your case id and the type of application you've made, they should get a response back within 5 days which should hopefully confirm your continued right to work.
good luck.

Ropaty
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Ropaty » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello Carling,

Thanks for the information provided.

I'll email them and request my COA, lets hope they will send it to me and that both of us can get our PRICE Card soon.

Right
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Bulgaria

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Right » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:34 pm

18august2014 wrote: Hello.

You don't need to wait for 12 months from obtaining your document certifying permanent residence (DCPR) to apply for British Citizenship. The Home Office will record in their database the date you acquired permanent residence, irrespective of the date of your DCPR.

I suggest that you pick any five year period since 2002 that you feel will be most appropriate and easier for you to provide the evidence, but no later than January 2010 to allow for 5+1 years required for British Citizenship.

You will need to list all travels outside the UK in the five year period you are picking (e.g. Feb 2009 to Feb 2014). I don't know how you can go around it if you don't know your travel history for that period - perhaps seek legal advice, or browse this forum further. You could also browse the answers by the government or ask the government: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com . Note that you will still need this information when applying for British Citizenship, so best to get this clarified.

You might find these useful:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... .docx.html

All the best.
Very helpful post. I am a Bulgarian national looking to apply for permanent residence. I have a related question(s).

If I submit more than 5 years' evidence and effectively ask to be considered for the earliest possible date, would the HO be OK with that or would they think I'm being cheeky (I'll provide a cover letter and all that jazz)?

My second question is related to the story below.

I called the EU nationals helpline today to ask whether I can pick and choose my five-year period (I have been a student in the UK 2008-2012 and then working with some breaks from the end of my degree where I was self-sufficient) but my earliest most convenient periods is from Oct-10 to Oct-15 (due to available evidence) which will allow me to wait only a few months from obtaining the card (hopefully, as my bills evidence is seriously slim) to apply for citizenship.

I was told that I can only apply for the most recent 5-year period i.e. Feb-11 to Feb-16. Now I think this is completely nonsense but I wanted to double-check.

Thank you for the help.

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Right wrote:Very helpful post. I am a Bulgarian national looking to apply for permanent residence. I have a related question(s).

If I submit more than 5 years' evidence and effectively ask to be considered for the earliest possible date, would the HO be OK with that or would they think I'm being cheeky (I'll provide a cover letter and all that jazz)?

My second question is related to the story below.

I called the EU nationals helpline today to ask whether I can pick and choose my five-year period (I have been a student in the UK 2008-2012 and then working with some breaks from the end of my degree where I was self-sufficient) but my earliest most convenient periods is from Oct-10 to Oct-15 (due to available evidence) which will allow me to wait only a few months from obtaining the card (hopefully, as my bills evidence is seriously slim) to apply for citizenship.

I was told that I can only apply for the most recent 5-year period i.e. Feb-11 to Feb-16. Now I think this is completely nonsense but I wanted to double-check.

Thank you for the help.
Note you are not applying for PR you are applying for a card confirming you have acquired PR 'automatically' by exercisibg treaty rights continuously for 5 years as a qualified person.

So its not up to a kind-hearted caseworker to agree which period.
You acquired PR when you first acquired it.
It can usually then only be lost by 2 years absence from UK.

So as to your questions...
1) Supply best quality (if not unimpeachable) documentary supporting evidence from when you entered UK.

2) As explained, not really up to cw.
You acquired PR when you acquired it.

PS HO helpline can be unreliable & will not be held accountable for such advice;
- tread carefully; treat with caution.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jotoia
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by jotoia » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 am

Rmfc19 wrote:
jotoia wrote:Hi all

How change of address happens? Is there any form to fill or do I need to call HO?
And my timeline: application sent19.01.16, received by HO 20.01.16, fee taken 22.01.16, biometrics letter dated 03.02.16, biometrics enrolled 08.02.16.

Cheers everyone

Hello Jotoia,

You can do so through this link https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... Update.ofm

You will not get any confirmation after the change had been made which takes 3 working days. But you do get a confirmation of your request.
Thank you

Right
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Bulgaria

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Right » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:44 pm

noajthan wrote: Note you are not applying for PR you are applying for a card confirming you have acquired PR 'automatically' by exercisibg treaty rights continuously for 5 years as a qualified person.

So its not up to a kind-hearted caseworker to agree which period.
You acquired PR when you first acquired it.
It can usually then only be lost by 2 years absence from UK.

So as to your questions...
1) Supply best quality (if not unimpeachable) documentary supporting evidence from when you entered UK.

2) As explained, not really up to cw.
You acquired PR when you acquired it.

PS HO helpline can be unreliable & will not be held accountable for such advice;
- tread carefully; treat with caution.
Thank you for your response. I realise it is my right but the HO has tried to make me fight for some of my supposed EU rights since I've come into the country (everything else has been awesome, to be fair), so I hope I am excused for being sceptical.

On your first point, I only call it 'applying for PR' but I do mean document certifying permanent residence.

1) I get your point and I can try but from my first few years I have no bills on my name (TV licence people have no record of me paying the bill) and no house contracts (threw them away, I had to move too much in my uni days, etc.).


2) I might have acquired it when I did but if I cannot evidence properly surely they will have to count from a later date and that is my idea here to just provide the 'proper' evidence from then on because I really doubt they'd honour the earlier date. Sounds like I'll have to provide evidence just to be told it does not count.


3) Noted on the helpline. It does seem very unreliable which just empathises the point the whole process is there to obstruct and not actually serve.

One other question I had is whether the residence document will specify the date from when I have confirmed permanent residence (I cannot find an example document online to check). My blue residence card has an issue date and that is it, so I guess this might be the reason why they say you have to wait 12 months from the date of issue of this card to apply for a British passport.

Thanks again and hopefully I am in the right thread and not too much of a pain in the backside.

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Right wrote:...

Thank you for your response. I realise it is my right but the HO has tried to make me fight for some of my supposed EU rights since I've come into the country (everything else has been awesome, to be fair), so I hope I am excused for being sceptical.

...

One other question I had is whether the residence document will specify the date from when I have confirmed permanent residence (I cannot find an example document online to check). My blue residence card has an issue date and that is it, so I guess this might be the reason why they say you have to wait 12 months from the date of issue of this card to apply for a British passport.

Thanks again and hopefully I am in the right thread and not too much of a pain in the backside.
The PR card only has issue date. But HO stores the date PR was acquired by someone (everyone) in their computer databank (CID).

There is a whole thread in forum on the pigs ear caused due to the confusing way HO initially rolled out the rule change & trained (or failed to train) caseworkers & NCS clearly.

This is now getting addressed now. (Can't find thread to link it yet as I'm on my cellphone).
If an applicant acquired PR over a year ago all should be good if they now get a PR card.

That is, if someone has had PR for a year (or more) already then there is no need to wait another 12 months with the PR card before shooting for privilege of citizenship.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Right
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Bulgaria

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Right » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm

noajthan wrote:
Right wrote:...

Thank you for your response. I realise it is my right but the HO has tried to make me fight for some of my supposed EU rights since I've come into the country (everything else has been awesome, to be fair), so I hope I am excused for being sceptical.

...

One other question I had is whether the residence document will specify the date from when I have confirmed permanent residence (I cannot find an example document online to check). My blue residence card has an issue date and that is it, so I guess this might be the reason why they say you have to wait 12 months from the date of issue of this card to apply for a British passport.

Thanks again and hopefully I am in the right thread and not too much of a pain in the backside.
The PR card only has issue date. But HO stores the date PR was acquired by someone (everyone) in their computer databank (CID).

There is a whole thread in forum on the pigs ear caused due to the confusing way HO initially rolled out the rule change & trained (or failed to train) caseworkers & NCS clearly.

This is now getting addressed now. (Can't find thread to link it yet as I'm on my cellphone).
If an applicant acquired PR over a year ago all should be good if they now get a PR card.

That is, if someone has had PR for a year (or more) already then there is no need to wait another 12 months with the PR card before shooting for privilege of citizenship.
Sorry to be pesky but I just want to clarify a few final points.

Firstly, will this CID be available to the passport people were I to apply after I potentially get my PR document?

Secondly, for the time I have no evidence, would you advise me to look for additional evidence (e.g. contacting my closed account bank for itemised statements) or just submit whatever I have and submit sufficient evidence for 5 years? That is my quandary because it will take a substantial effort at the moment to get those docs.

Thanks once again.

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Right wrote:Sorry to be pesky but I just want to clarify a few final points.

Firstly, will this CID be available to the passport people were I to apply after I potentially get my PR document?

Secondly, for the time I have no evidence, would you advise me to look for additional evidence (e.g. contacting my closed account bank for itemised statements) or just submit whatever I have and submit sufficient evidence for 5 years? That is my quandary because it will take a substantial effort at the moment to get those docs.

Thanks once again.
You apply to naturalise via HO before applying for first passport via HMPO.
CID is an internal HO system.

You need good if not unimpeachable evidence for at least a 5-year period showing you exercised treaty rights as a qualified person in one of more categories.
If you do not have at least that that you will fail.
If you have been in UK longer than 5 years and other evidence is patchy then so be it.

As well as evidence of treaty rights, you will still need to show your residency in UK, absences within limits as well as proof of your id ofcourse.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Locked
cron