ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Question - Dependent Financial Support?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chucs
Newly Registered
United States of America

Application Question - Dependent Financial Support?

Post by chucs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:29 am

Hi,

I have a question about the "Dependent details" section in the EEA Family Permit application.

It asks: Does anyone rely on you for financial support? Include both those travelling with you and those who are not.

My wife and I met and got married during her time as an undergrad student. She attended on a full sports scholarship and we were not so much dependent on each other financially. We also do not have any joint finances at this current moment. My wife is currently preparing to attend University in the UK, also in a full scholarship. So if for any reason, I am denied my application and I do not make it over there, she also won't necessarily be financially dependent on me, as her University will make sure she is taken care of. However, if I do get approved, I will be financing our living expenses together.

I am unsure how to answer because right now she is not financially dependent on me and wouldn't be if I am denied the EEA Family Permit. If I do get approved, however, she will be financially dependent on me because I would cover all of our living expenses.

I also assume that answering "Yes" will have to be met with proof and evidence of such, so that is why I am uncertain of how I can deliver proof of our situation, other than writing a personal letter.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

chucs
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Application Question - Dependent Financial Support?

Post by chucs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:54 pm

After doing more research I have found that in the situation of a Spouse (not a parent, child or similar), that I am not required to share information regarding financial dependency.

Therefor, in this scenario I am going to answer "No."