ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying time of settle status after 5yrs EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hevenly12
Newly Registered

Applying time of settle status after 5yrs EEA2

Post by hevenly12 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi

I am non eea, a family member of an EEA national since 2014.
Me and my husband married 30th May 2014 in Asia.
I came to UK is on 28th June 2014 then obtained EEA 19th December 2014.

This year we are going to apply together for settle status(my eea national husband came alone to UK in 2013).

I am wondering if I should apply after 28th June 2019 for settle status so that it will qualify full 5 years with EEA2 since I came first UK).
Or can apply now.
Or..even though I highly doubt.. should I wait til 19th December?

Thanks

kamoe

Re: Applying time of settle status after 5yrs EEA2

Post by kamoe » Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm

hevenly12 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm
I am wondering if I should apply after 28th June 2019 for settle status so that it will qualify full 5 years with EEA2 since I came first UK).
If you absolutely want to receive Settled Status and not Pre-Settled status, then yes, you can wait until June 28th.
Or can apply now.
You can apply now, but might only get Pre-Settled status, then would have to apply again to get Settled status.

No need to do all this, again, you can skip the Pre-Settled stage and apply when you complete the 5 years.
No, your clock started when you arrived in the UK as the spouse of a EU national,; not when you were issued a card. So in your case, your 5 years complete on June 28th 2019.

(Note that this is different for unmarried partners, for example, who in the absence of a marriage certificate only count on the actual residence card as first legal document certifying their status. If you were unmarried, then you would need to wait until December. But that's not the case :) ).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

hevenly12
Newly Registered

Re: Applying time of settle status after 5yrs EEA2

Post by hevenly12 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 pm

hevenly12 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm
Hi

I am non eea, a family member of an EEA national since 2014.
Me and my husband married 30th May 2014 in Asia.
I came to UK on 28th June 2014 then obtained EEA2 19th December 2014.

This year we are going to apply together for settle status(my eea national husband came alone to UK in 2013).

Or can apply now.

Thanks