ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying to pre-settlement with Unmarried partner BRC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Baitaska
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Applying to pre-settlement with Unmarried partner BRC

Post by Baitaska » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am

Hi All,

I have just received my unmarried partner BRC. I am applying for pre-settlement.

The last part of the application is to upload evidence of relationship. As per below quote from gov.uk website I understand that the relevant document for me would be a residence card. Do I understand it correctly and I just need to upload a copy of my new BRC (residence card of a family member of a union citizen)? I don't need to send again all the documents proving our relationships?

from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... 1589658181
If you’re their unmarried (durable) partner
You must hold a relevant document issued to you under the EEA Regulations on the basis that you’re the durable partner of an EEA or Swiss citizen or person of Northern Ireland.

A relevant document here includes:

a family permit
a residence card
If you’re the unmarried (durable) partner of a person of Northern Ireland, you’re unlikely to have a relevant document.

If you do not have a relevant document, you must provide evidence of your relationship. The list below gives some examples of evidence you can provide. This list is not exhaustive and other forms of evidence may be accepted. Each case will be considered on a case by case basis.

Evidence that you’ve lived together for at least the past 2 years:
Thank you

kamoe

Re: Applying to pre-settlement with Unmarried partner BRC

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Baitaska wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am
Do I understand it correctly and I just need to upload a copy of my new BRC (residence card of a family member of a union citizen)?
Correct.
I don't need to send again all the documents proving our relationships?
Correct.

Note that the text you are quoting is included under a section entitled "Documents you must provide to show evidence of your relationship", so as per their own words, the BRC shows evidence of the relationship. I successfully applied this way myself; the BRC was enough proof.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Baitaska
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Baitaska » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Correct.

Note that the text you are quoting is included under a section entitled "Documents you must provide to show evidence of your relationship", so as per their own words, the BRC shows evidence of the relationship. I successfully applied this way myself; the BRC was enough proof.
Great, thank you for confirming.

Hopefully, it will be quite straightforward and the decision will not take too long time

ponjo111
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ponjo111 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

I just did the exact same thing last week using my EEA EFM and no other documents via the phone App.

Applied on Tuesday the 22nd of September and just received a successful decision with Pre-Settled status today 28th September.

Only 4 business days, much quicker and easier than the EEA EFM process :)

Good luck with you application.

Baitaska
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Baitaska » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm

ponjo111 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm
I just did the exact same thing last week using my EEA EFM and no other documents via the phone App.

Applied on Tuesday the 22nd of September and just received a successful decision with Pre-Settled status today 28th September.

Thank you.
Congratulation with your new status! great timeline.
As I understand once pre-settlement granted, the next step will be to apply for pre-settlement BRC.

Kimalterno
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Kimalterno » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:41 am

Baitaska wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm
ponjo111 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you.
Congratulation with your new status! great timeline.
As I understand once pre-settlement granted, the next step will be to apply for pre-settlement BRC.
That's what I heard as well. Did you apply for the pre-settlement BRC? Do we have too? And what is the deadline for it? And I heard as well that we will need visa to enter the European countries after December 2020 is that right?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Kimalterno wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:41 am
And I heard as well that we will need visa to enter the European countries after December 2020 is that right?
A useful summary - https://www.the3million.org.uk/travel-to-the-eu
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.