ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are the 'Sure Start Maternity Grant' and 'Child Tax Credits' considered public funds in PR applications?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cocoa
Mexico

Are the 'Sure Start Maternity Grant' and 'Child Tax Credits' considered public funds in PR applications?

Post by Cocoa » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello,

I need to apply for me permanent residence card as a non EEA spouse of a EEA national in October. We recently had a baby and i want to know if any of the following are considered public funds? (if they are they would affect my application and I would not request them):

1) Sure Start Maternity Grant
2) Child Tax Credit

If it is ok to get child tax credits would it be better for me (employed) to request them or would it be better for my husband to request them (self-employed) for the purposes and benefit of our application.

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

swordfish
Bangladesh

Re: Are the 'Sure Start Maternity Grant' and 'Child Tax Credits' considered public funds in PR applications?

Post by swordfish » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 am

i was also looking for if child tax credit affect pr but later when i see the figure we could get i just decide not to bother. ( £8.80 every week. household income £25600) . for maternity grant,u have to get certain benefit. like income based support or job seeker allowance , which is def public fund. but i might be wrong. not a pro here.

Cocoa
Mexico

Re: Are the 'Sure Start Maternity Grant' and 'Child Tax Credits' considered public funds in PR applications?

Post by Cocoa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 am

The Child Tax credit counts as on of the benefits that make you eligible for the sure start maternity grant but if any of these are considered public funds I would request them.

Could someone please help me confirm?