ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BIOMETRIC CARD APPOINTMENT NOT REQUIRED

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

speedy_star
Newly Registered

BIOMETRIC CARD APPOINTMENT NOT REQUIRED

Post by speedy_star » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm

I am wondering if someone could help me in the following matter. I am on the verge of applying for a replacement of a Biometric Residence Card. I want to upgrade/replace BRC issued under the EEA regulations with a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.
I have been informed that those who have already been issued a Biometric Residence Card (BRC) are not required to capture their fingerprints again. In this regard, they will receive an email from UKVC. Is it true? Does someone have that experience or knowledge of this? Please inform.

kamoe

Re: BIOMETRIC CARD APPOINTMENT NOT REQUIRED

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

speedy_star wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm
I am wondering if someone could help me in the following matter. I am on the verge of applying for a replacement of a Biometric Residence Card. I want to upgrade/replace BRC issued under the EEA regulations with a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.
I have been informed that those who have already been issued a Biometric Residence Card (BRC) are not required to capture their fingerprints again. In this regard, they will receive an email from UKVC. Is it true? Does someone have that experience or knowledge of this? Please inform.
Not true.

For any new biometric card it is necessary to provide fresh biometric data, and this goes for any type of application. I have been in the UK for over 10 years, have renewed several visas and residence card several times, including Tier 4, Tier 2, EEA and Settled Status, and have provided fresh biometrics, every.single.time.

You might be confused by the fact that if applying to the EU Settlement Scheme via the app using a valid BRC, then the process does not trigger an invitation to provide fresh biometrics. This is because it is assumed that the applicant does not need a new biometric card as they can keep using their current, valid BRC (However, EEA cards are valid only until June 30th 2021, so this assumption is flawed. Not sure why the Home Office is still operating in this way.)

If the applicant does want to replace their EEA BRC by a EUSS one, then they need to apply for the card as a separate process after obtaining the EU Settled/Pre-Settled Status itself. And while doing so, they need to book an appointment, and provide fresh biometrics, just as anyone else.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

speedy_star
Newly Registered

Re: BIOMETRIC CARD APPOINTMENT NOT REQUIRED

Post by speedy_star » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. The information provided is quite helpful and has cleared the confusion. I would be grateful if you could also help me out in the following matter.

I have tried to apply online through the web link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next .Online application to transfer the BRC Card asks the user to insert a Unique Application Number (UAN) which should is written on the decision letter of Settled Status in the format of xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx means sixteen digits. But in my decision letter, there are only eight numeric because I have recently been granted Settled Status as a family member of a qualifying British citizen (Under Surinder Singh Route).
When these 8 digits are inserted then the online application form does not proceed further, it states an error and prompts the user to insert the right sequence of numbers. I am perplexed and confused and do not know what to do? Please advise me. I look forward to your valuable advice.