ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blue Registration Cerificate for Croatians - URGENT!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Blue Registration Cerificate for Croatians - URGENT!!!

Post by Zvjezdana » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi all!

I am writing regarding an Application for a Blue Registration Certificate for Croatians as highly skilled workers (CR2). This is not a Tier 4, since Croatia has a special status as the newest EU member state, however it was for me the most convenient to put the topic in this category.

So this is the story. I graduated from a master programme in the UK in December 2016, received my diploma, immediatelly filled in an application form and sent it to the Home Office, it was around the mid of the last month. I am still covered (until the end of January) with the yellow student card to access the UK job market. There is a possibility that I receive a job offer this month and in that case I will need a Registration Cerificate to show it to the employer. And I was advised during the last year by the Home Office that highly skilled Croatians should receive the Registration Certificate in January (if they apply in December) so as to be able to access the job market without any interruption/break. However, it is 20th of January and I still did not receive the Certificate, I sent an e-mail to the Home Office yesterday and since they usually answer in 5 working days I will probably receive an answer at the latest on Thursday 26th of January. That day can be already too late and I can lose the opportunity to get a job.

Also, very importantly the Croatian nationals when applying for this Blue Registration Certificate need to be in the UK already and have their own address here. That means it is logical and only rational if I am living in this expensive country that I need to have an access to the job market (without any break as I was advised) to cover expenses.

So I am asking here for any advice regarding what can I do to solve my problem asap.

Thanks,

Z.

noajthan

Re: Blue Registration Cerificate for Croatians - URGENT!!!

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:57 am

EEA is appropriate forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 am

Zvjezdana wrote:Hi all!

I am writing regarding an Application for a Blue Registration Certificate for Croatians as highly skilled workers (CR2). This is not a Tier 4, since Croatia has a special status as the newest EU member state, however it was for me the most convenient to put the topic in this category.

Also, very importantly the Croatian nationals when applying for this Blue Registration Certificate need to be in the UK already and have their own address here. That means it is logical and only rational if I am living in this expensive country that I need to have an access to the job market (without any break as I was advised) to cover expenses.

So I am asking here for any advice regarding what can I do to solve my problem asap.

Thanks,

Z.
Welcome.

EU nationals may ofcourse reside in UK if they are workers or selfemployed or selfsufficient or jobseekers or students.
So it doesn't follow that everyone is looking for a job.

Your application has been interrupted by the Christmas and New Year breaks and slowdown.
No doubt the concerned department is now better staffed and getting back up to speed.

Suggest sit tight and wait for the response to your case.
Good luck.

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi again!

Thanks for replying to this query. Now I need a further advice.

Namely, the Home Office replied to me that the procedure in practice takes 2-3 months. According to that, I would need to wait until 20th of February at the quickest (probably longer). So this could be a problem since this week I am expecting a job offer. The Home Office further stated that if I have an urgency reason that I should supply them with the details and evidence. They stated that an upcoming job start date alone would not be considered grounds for urgency.

So the real and only logical reason why I would claim an urgency request is that during the whole application process I need to have a UK address. Having a UK address would normally require an access to the job market since that same address need to be financially maintaned.

Do you have any idea of the urgency reason in this situation!? I am really put in a quite uncomfortable situation so any advice would be helpful.

I feel that the staff responsible for Croatian nationals are very kind and that they still are trying to do their best.

Thank you in advance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:06 pm

An employer may use ECS to check on someone's right to work so you don't necessarily have to wait for return of passport, issue of RC etc.
Good luck.

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Thank you @noajthan for your response. This is however not what I aked for. The thing is I am obviously still not registered as someone who has a right to work, but probably will be very soon. In order to speed the process so as to not lose the chance to accept the job offer, I need to supply them with reasons why my case is urgent.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Zvjezdana wrote:Thank you @noajthan for your response. This is however not what I aked for. The thing is I am obviously still not registered as someone who has a right to work, but probably will be very soon. In order to speed the process so as to not lose the chance to accept the job offer, I need to supply them with reasons why my case is urgent.
You have already explained HO have advised you they won't accept 'job offer' as an urgent reason.
But you don't need to wait for RC if your employer is clued-up enough to run ECS.

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Thank you, @noajthan. Can you please explain me more thoroughly how can I benefit from ECS being checked by my employer? Do you want to say that within ECS system I should already appear as someone who has a right to work in the UK even though my Registration Cerificate will be issued for instance in 20 days?

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Also, I am asking here what would be considered as an urgency reason so as to make your application reviewed quickly? Obviously there are reasons they would accept if they ask me to provide them with one.

From the experience of others do they consider a financial situation as a relevant urgent reason!? As I said, I need to have an address in the UK during the application process, I cannot maintain financially that address without access to the job market. Logically, this should be considered more then valid. However, I am asking for your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Zvjezdana wrote:Thank you, @noajthan. Can you please explain me more thoroughly how can I benefit from ECS being checked by my employer? Do you want to say that within ECS system I should already appear as someone who has a right to work in the UK even though my Registration Cerificate will be issued for instance in 20 days?
Yes, exactly - if you have a right to work it should show up.

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:03 pm

@noajthan, thank you for your response. The Home Office department in charge of Croatian applicants has not mentioned the ECS to me at any of ocassions of our communication even though I asked them even for an urgency claim. So that makes me doubt whether is it really possible for me as a Croatian highly skilled worker to start to work during the application procedure. Also, in one guidance I found the following: 'If you qualify as a highly skilled individual we will issue you a blue registration certificate confirming that there are no restrictions on you taking employment in the UK. If you are highly skilled and meet the relevant criteria, you will only become exempt from worker authorisation when you have been issued the blue registration certificate.'

Are you aware of any situation of a highly skilled Croatian who was able to start to work during the application procedure before his/her certificate had been issued and accordingly only on a basis of a security check?

My apologies for lots of questions, I want to be on a safe side and my potential employer will do a checking procedure today or tomorrow so I need to know whether I should insist on an urgency claim as maybe the only option.

Thanks.

Zvjezdana
Newly Registered

Post by Zvjezdana » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:09 pm

@noajthan, thank you for your response. The Home Office department in charge of Croatian applicants has not mentioned the ECS to me at any of ocassions of our communication even though I asked them even for an urgency claim. So that makes me doubt whether is it really possible for me as a Croatian highly skilled worker to start to work during the application procedure. Also, in one guidance I found the following: 'If you qualify as a highly skilled individual we will issue you a blue registration certificate confirming that there are no restrictions on you taking employment in the UK. If you are highly skilled and meet the relevant criteria, you will only become exempt from worker authorisation when you have been issued the blue registration certificate.'

I am wondering would I still appear, even before being issued the certificate, as someone who has a right to work? Are you aware of any situation of a highly skilled Croatian who was able to start to work during the application procedure before his/her certificate had been issued and accordingly only on a basis of a security check?

My apologies for lots of questions, I want to be on a safe side and my potential employer will do a checking procedure today or tomorrow so I need to know whether I should insist on an urgency claim as maybe the only option.

Thanks.