ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRC application traveling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mapisame23
Newly Registered

BRC application traveling

Post by mapisame23 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am

Hi we got bit of issue a looking for professional advice and service and help

Myself I hold Polish EU passport / British
My wife holds Filipino .

So Aisah has now been granted a settlement status in the UK Under Eu scheme on 27-May.

She missread a letter from Home Office about BRC( biometric residency card) and she was expecting to receive new card for time being,( but document state only if your document is expired or you not hold one - Her BRC at that moment in time was still valid for another 2 months ) I read it 2 weeks ago , so crazy rush applying for BRC we submitted application on 1st , biometric on 9th .
The Issue is we need to travel ... on 7th of September we are going to the Philippines for a month ( she hasn't seen her family for 4 years due to covid ) there is no option to reschedule .
Her BRC is pending - I read on forum it's about 2 months wait .
What are our options ?
We are in the Philippines for a month. Can we apply for a one time visa ? or any form of emergency documents to be able to come back just any type of document to let her back to the country . i Will make some arrangements in Uk just in case BRC will be delivered during our stay to one of our friends and ship it with UPS with express service .

But that is a risky option to be honest . it may not be ready on time.

What else can we do ?

kamoe

Re: BRC application traveling

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm

mapisame23 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am
What are our options ?
We are in the Philippines for a month. Can we apply for a one time visa ? or any form of emergency documents to be able to come back just any type of document to let her back to the country .
You can apply for a EUSS Travel Permit in the Philippines. It's the same procedure as a EUSS Family Permit, but you have to tick a box at some point to say you are actually applying for the Travel Permit. Which is there exactly for cases like yours.

Read section "EU Settlement Scheme travel permit" on page 13 here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ermits.pdf
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mapisame23
Newly Registered

Post by mapisame23 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:54 pm

I'm glad there is anything what we can use thank you for your answer . What is a time frame for processing it ? I'm aware like I'm Philippines you can pay for express service and it's all done In 5 working days, after biometric . But it's not apply to every single visa service .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm

mapisame23 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:54 pm
What is a time frame for processing it ?
That's the caveat. EUSS permits and status do not have a maximum waiting time, and the Home Office has a history of leaving people waiting for months. There is a route, but there is no guarantee you will have an expedited outcome. Do prepare to wait. Or... postpone your trip!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.