ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing a non EEA parent to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Viktor M
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Bringing a non EEA parent to the UK

Post by Viktor M » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 am

Hey Guys,

I'm confused which route to choose for my mom who wants to come visit me in the UK, as she only holds the non EEA citizenship. Myself I've got the Hungarian passport and therefore, we can use the Standard Visitor, EEA FP and probably the new EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit? Could anyone advise which option we should choose to avoid the risks of having the application rejected (she's unemployed so i'm covering all expenses). Also is Tb test required for the EEA FP application?

Thanks in advance !

Casa

Re: Bringing a non EEA parent to the UK

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Is the intention for your mother to visit the UK, or settle here :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Viktor M
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Viktor M » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Visit only, maybe few times a year.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Viktor M wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Visit only, maybe few times a year.
In which case it will be a Standard visitor visa. However, if granted your mother shouldn't spend more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period than she is spending in her home country. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Viktor M
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Viktor M » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:48 am

Many thanks!

Would you recommend any additional documents to be submitted (like covering letter), to ensure that her application will not be rejected? She is from a high risk country.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Your mother needs to submit strong documented evidence of ties to her home country in order to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she won't overstay in the UK. This should include proof such as financial self-sufficiency, social ties such as close/dependent family in the home country, property ownership.....

A TB certificate isn't required for a visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

Viktor M
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Viktor M » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks Casa. Would it make thing complicated if she's unemployed and I'll cover the expenses?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:43 am

I invited my mother, she is retired, holds a non-EEA citizenship and I said I will cover all the expenses. The visa was delivered within 10 days, no questions asked.

No TB required for visitor visa.

There was nothing special with her application really. Just she had to prove the usual things: her id, where she lives, prove that she is my mother by the appropriate documentation (my birth certificate), prove she is retired... and I sent her a letter, 6 months payslips, 6 months accounts statements showing the salary, copy of my passport, a couple of utility bills.

Viktor M
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Viktor M » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for your advise, Zerubbabel. Noted :)