ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all non-EU with recently exchanged EEA into EUSS cards

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamoe

Calling all non-EU with recently exchanged EEA into EUSS cards

Post by kamoe » Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 am

According to some reports, it seems it is important to travel with the document that is attached to one's status, or one could face issues at the UK border.

I'd like to run an experiment to clarify which card is ultimately attached to the status, to see wether it makes sense to travel with the old EEA card when the EUSS card is in progress or has been recently issued, since it is a relevant topic for discussion.

Assuming you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme using your EEA Residence Card, and that you now have exchanged that card for a new EUSS card, and you have received your new card, could you please follow the steps below and report your results?:

1. Go to the View your status site.
2. Click on "start now" at the end of the page
3. Select "Biometric residence card or permit"
4. Type the number of your old EEA card, the one you used to apply for the Settlement Scheme
5. Type your date of birth
6. Select one of the methods to receive your verification code
7. Once you receive your code, enter it on the text box and click "continue"
8. Did it work? Can you see your status displayed?
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "leave service"
10. Repeat steps above, this time with your new EUSS card number

Key question is:
Which one of them, the EEA or the EUSS card number, works? Both?

Additional question in the odd chance you did this immediately after receiving your new EUSS card:
Did your EEA still work immediately after you received your EUSS card?

It will be interesting to see if the answer changes from person to person.

Thanks to everyone willing to take part.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Re: Calling all non-EU with recently exchanged EEA into EUSS cards

Post by Ballackmo » Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am

kamoe wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 am
According to some reports, it seems it is important to travel with the document that is attached to one's status, or one could face issues at the UK border.

I'd like to run an experiment to clarify which card is ultimately attached to the status, to see wether it makes sense to travel with the old EEA card when the EUSS card is in progress or has been recently issued, since it is a relevant topic for discussion.

Assuming you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme using your EEA Residence Card, and that you now have exchanged that card for a new EUSS card, and you have received your new card, could you please follow the steps below and report your results?:

1. Go to the View your status site.
2. Click on "start now" at the end of the page
3. Select "Biometric residence card or permit"
4. Type the number of your old EEA card, the one you used to apply for the Settlement Scheme
5. Type your date of birth
6. Select one of the methods to receive your verification code
7. Once you receive your code, enter it on the text box and click "continue"
8. Did it work? Can you see your status displayed?
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "leave service"
10. Repeat steps above, this time with your new EUSS card number

Key question is:
Which one of them, the EEA or the EUSS card number, works? Both?

Additional question in the odd chance you did this immediately after receiving your new EUSS card:
Did your EEA still work immediately after you received your EUSS card?

It will be interesting to see if the answer changes from person to person.

Thanks to everyone willing to take part.
New card won’t work with your status... update the new card to your status

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 25, 2021 10:52 am

Ballackmo wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am
New card won’t work with your status...
That is precisely what I'm trying to prove or rebuke, and more precisely if at all there is a "cooling off" period where the status is still attached to the old card. Can you tell me if you tried the exercise above?
update the new card to your status
Do you mean apply to convert the card? Of course, that's what we are all doing.
Wether we should apply to convert the card or not is not the point of this post. We all need to do it, there is no way around it.

The point of this whole exercise is to find out (if and) when the old EEA RC stops working.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:38 am

Hi Kamoe

I have tried the exercise and the outcome is:

- the EEA card number is not recognized, doesn't work at all
- the EUSS card number works perfectly

After receiving my new EUSS card, i did update my card number online and the Home office emailed me the next day to inform me that my new card number is ready to be used and check my status online.

Therefore in my case i could say that the cooling off period was over as soon as they updated the new card...it is case by case i think.

Thanks

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:38 am
Hi Kamoe

After receiving my new EUSS card, i did update my card number online and the Home office emailed me the next day to inform me that my new card number is ready to be used and check my status online.

Therefore in my case i could say that the cooling off period was over as soon as they updated the new card...it is case by case i think.

Thanks
I received Email from Home Office today that my card has been updated....it works fine after the update.took 3 weeks after request

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed May 26, 2021 3:18 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

Thanks
My old BRC doesn’t work anymore where as my new Settlement card works perfectly after the update

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

Thank you so much for this!

This is precisely the kind of information I was looking for. The switch is not automatic, then. The new card is not activated until you actually request it!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Ballackmo wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm
I received Email from Home Office today that my card has been updated....it works fine after the update.took 3 weeks after request
Thanks. I know this happened a while ago, but did you tried to check if your old card was still active before you requested to activate the new one, by any chance?

All in all, what I want to know is when exactly the old card gets invalidated:

a) When the new one is issued
b) When they act upon your request to activate the new card

If answer is b); in the event of being issued a card while you are abroad, you could in theory come back into the UK using your old EEA card, provided you have not asked the new one to be activated.

It would be really good if people are in control of when the switch takes place (of when your EEA RC becomes invalid).

I'll try checking on the website myself when I'm issued a new card, to verify this.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed May 26, 2021 7:32 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:59 pm
Ballackmo wrote:
Thanks. I know this happened a while ago, but did you tried to check if your old card was still active before you requested to activate the new one, by any chance?

If answer is b); in the event of being issued a card while you are abroad, you could in theory come back into the UK using your old EEA card, provided you have not asked the new one to be activated.

It would be really good if people are in control of when the switch takes place (of when your EEA RC becomes invalid).

I'll try checking on the website myself when I'm issued a new card, to verify this.
My old card was active before I requested to be activated after the activation the Old card stopped working

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed May 26, 2021 8:28 pm

kamoe wrote:
Ballackmo wrote:

Attachments
D5C1199C-82B3-4EA5-A473-8C35BAA81190.jpeg
D5C1199C-82B3-4EA5-A473-8C35BAA81190.jpeg (118.57 KiB) Viewed 2421 times

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 am

[/quote]

Please how did you request for an update online?

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

After receiving my new EUSS card, i did update my card number online and the Home office emailed me the next day to inform me that my new card number is ready to be used and check my status online..

Hi vetchololass87,

Please how did you managed to update your EUSS card Online? Can you provide me the link please, as i would like to update my EU SS card as well.

Thanks

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:32 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

Thanks
Hi
Can you share the link to update a EUSS CARD.
many thks

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Thu May 27, 2021 7:28 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:32 pm
vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

Thanks
Hi
many thks
https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi Friends
my mom is an NON EU national.
she received BRC under EUSS yesterday. we try to see her Pre settle Status online, but it not go through.
With non eu passport number we receive code on phone. But still not go through. message appears:

There's a problem with this service at the moment
Try again later.

If we try with BRC CARD UNIQUE NUMBER then shows

The details entered don't match our records

What should i do with this
is there any problem if she travel out from country and come back to UK.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Thu May 27, 2021 9:36 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi Friends
my mom is an NON EU national.
she received BRC under EUSS yesterday. we try to see her Pre settle Status online, but it not go through.
With non eu passport number we receive code on phone. But still not go through. message appears:

There's a problem with this service at the moment
Try again later.

If we try with BRC CARD UNIQUE NUMBER then shows

The details entered don't match our records

What should i do with this
is there any problem if she travel out from country and come back to UK.
It’s not a problem for her to travel

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 pm

MYRA4U wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm
vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

After receiving my new EUSS card, i did update my card number online and the Home office emailed me the next day to inform me that my new card number is ready to be used and check my status online..

Hi vetchololass87,

Please how did you managed to update your EUSS card Online? Can you provide me the link please, as i would like to update my EU SS card as well.

Thanks

Hello

The link is:

Thanks

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:32 pm
vetchololass87 wrote:
Hi Kamoe

Thanks
Hi
many thks

Hello

The link is:

Thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:58 pm

kamoe wrote:
Ballackmo wrote:

Letter that comes along with EUSS card says that my previous card has been cancelled and I need to send it back to HO ASAP. However, my online status was linked to old card up until I applied for change and they processed my application.

Presumably though your online status is linked to old card, this old card is simply not valid and can create problems at the border.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:26 pm

iwolga wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:58 pm
kamoe wrote:
Ballackmo wrote:

Letter that comes along with EUSS card says that my previous card has been cancelled and I need to send it back to HO ASAP. However, my online status was linked to old card up until I applied for change and they processed my application.

Presumably though your online status is linked to old card, this old card is simply not valid and can create problems at the border.
Yes my old card was still active ... but became inactive after their Email that new card is updated

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Ballackmo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:26 pm
Yes my old card was still active ... but became inactive after their Email that new card is updated
So it became inactive only after you requested the new one to be active, correct?

shamas4228
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by shamas4228 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:44 pm

hello Kamoe, u said in another post you are going to contact HO regarding ur SS BRC. did u contact them? any news?
thanks

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:56 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:33 pm
Ballackmo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:26 pm
So it became inactive only after you requested the new one to be active, correct?
Yep 👍

SBASCO4
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by SBASCO4 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:27 am

Hello Everyone, i m just sharing my experience here, might help someone

I had pre SS I updated my BRC with BRC pre SS and sent my old BRC back to HM in December 2020.
Now i hv Settle Status but same pre SS BRC.

I was checking yesterday my online status as Kamoe mentioned (topic) in this post.

I used my old BRC card to check, i used my New pre SS BRC to check. I used my passport number to check and my status showing up with all of them.

Even i did get an email my Old BRC is cancelled because new one issued i sent that BRC back to HM but still working and it’s even working with my passport number. Which is nice and i hope 🤞🏾It’s stay like this.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:30 am

SBASCO4 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:27 am

I used my old BRC card to check, i used my New pre SS BRC to check. I used my passport number to check and my status showing up with all of them.

Even i did get an email my Old BRC is cancelled because new one issued i sent that BRC back to HM but still working and it’s even working with my passport number. Which is nice and i hope 🤞🏾It’s stay like this.
Thank you so much for sharing this. It is indeed wonderful news, this means one can use an old EEA card if in need, and might work. :idea: