ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can one wit retained rights now bring over wife wit EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coach_rio
Newly Registered

can one wit retained rights now bring over wife wit EEA FP

Post by coach_rio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello Readers,

Am confused with the new changes to the amendment of the 2006 regulation especially where it says now that
- ( Regulation 12 is amended to enable a person with retained rights of residence to be able to obtain an EEA Family Permit ).
My question is it now possible for someone with retained rights now to be able to bring his non-eea wife by applying for a Family permit and when the person comes over if she can then apply for a settlment visa or still go down the EEA2 route.
pls your answers will be greatly appreciated and tanx in advance.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm

did you retain rights as a former husband? If yes, then your new wife couldn't really qualify until you settle here (get PR) and use internal route to apply.

If you had retained your right in another category (which in my view is only possible as a parent who was a family member of an non-EEA national who retained his/her right of resident, although it sounds EXTREMELY UNLIKELY and theoretical) and at the same time you were married to your current wife, your wife would then have qualified as a family member of a person who retained the right of residence. But, as in most cases, your case fits into my first paragraph, most likely, and thus, your new wife isn't eligible for an EEA FP.

coach_rio
Newly Registered

Post by coach_rio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Yes I did retain my rights as a former husband and thanks a lot Mcovet for explaining the new regulation to me.

cuba1985
Newly Registered

Re: can one wit retained rights now bring over wife wit EEA

Post by cuba1985 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:28 am

Yes you can. I have talk to my advicer in london. She sad under european human rights there nothing says that you cannot bring you not eu wife. And she done few cases, and people get visa. The only think you need to show 18600£ income. And it is could be for example money which you give long time ago to your friend and now you friend give it back. Im in same situation as you. Will apply soon.

vinny

Re: can one wit retained rights now bring over wife wit EEA

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm

See also similar topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.