ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelling a void application to the EU settlement scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joncfc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Cancelling a void application to the EU settlement scheme

Post by joncfc » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 am

Hello all :)

Hopefully this is an easy one for you. My Manchester based friend came to the UK from Portugal several years ago and as she loves the UK she applied for the EU settlement scheme back in June 2021. This was accepted in October 2021 and she now has settled status. Unfortunately, some time in-between her application and her decision, she applied for settled status again. This was a mistake and she was sent a letter from the Home Office to point out it out and to say everything is in order. They went on to say this second application was to be treated as void.

The problem she has is when she logs into her account on the Uk Gov website, under her application status it says “Your status is valid until you receive a decision on your application” That implies a decision on her status is still outstanding.

As English is her second language I rang up the Home Office Resolution Centre and although the guy I spoke to couldn’t go into specifics he said the record on the Uk Gov website would be looking at the second void application and not the first correct one. He suggested she filled in a form to cancel this second application and therefor regularise the situation. He said he would email me a link and I could send the link onto her but a week later its not arrived. Does anyone here know how to get this form?

I was thinking of taking her to Manchester citizens advice to ask them for help but I thought this message board would be a better option to begin with.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Jon

kamoe

Re: Cancelling a void application to the EU settlement scheme

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:19 pm

joncfc wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 am
The problem she has is when she logs into her account on the Uk Gov website, under her application status it says “Your status is valid until you receive a decision on your application”
Which website? This one? https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

joncfc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by joncfc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Yes, i think thats the one. When she logs in it looks like the following :-

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:11 pm

This is unacceptable.

1. Contact the EU Resolution centre using this form, and explaining exactly the situation. Use options "The result you have received", "Yes - Application that's already submitted"

2. Report the issue to the 3million, the grassroots organisation that represents the interests of EU nationals and their family members in the UK. Use this form.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

joncfc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by joncfc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:16 pm

Thanks

Will do. I hope this is just a formality. My friend is quite worried.

Regards

Jon