Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Application before biometrics

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iwolga

Certificate of Application before biometrics

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm non EU married to EU, in UK on FP for a month now.

I have applied for my RC on 09/09, received confirmation email on 18/09.
Because of the work of my husband, we were unable to provide the original of his passport (he travels a lot). He doesn't have an ID card either. So we provided a certified copy of his passport (we were advised by a consultant that their clients were previously doing it).

Now today I received a CoA without work due to failure to provide original of sponsors' ID. I don't care much about work at this stage, what worries me is that I did not get biometrics letter yet. I don't understand how this can happen? This is one of 2 conditions to have CoA (as per gov.uk):

A certificate of application will be issued following receipt of a valid application for an EEA residence card.

An application for a residence card is valid where:

you have paid the correct fee for your application
you have successfully enrolled your biometric information in relation to the application

I'm worried and rather confused. Is it their way of saying "no" to application?

secret.simon

Re: Certificate of Application before biometrics

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:51 pm

With the exception of the UK, almost every other EEA member-state also issues a National Identity Card to their citizens. Can your husband not apply for one quickly?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:51 pm
With the exception of the UK, almost every other EEA member-state also issues a National Identity Card to their citizens. Can your husband not apply for one quickly?
Not sure how quickly. In the middle of August Dutch embassy in London was offering application for September. I assume there is still some waiting time to process it. We will of course try to get it ASAP, but with the current application I'm not sure we will still be able to send this ID.

Or there is a way to send ID later?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi,

Just read your post. It is quite weird that your recieved COA before Biometrics Letter. I'm on a same boat as well but I have not received any confirmation yet from home office regarding that they have received my application?

I applied 1 day before my Tier 4 student visa expires, I'm pretty sure that I did everything they requested for the application to be valid. I sent £65 with the postal order.

I'm not sure what to do next as I'm already breaching the regulations of Section 3C. Does anyone have a clue what I could do this minute to speed up my application process so I can prevent myself from the overstay and it's consequences.

iwolga wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi all,

Because of the work of my husband, we were unable to provide the original of his passport (he travels a lot). He doesn't have an ID card either. So we provided a certified copy of his passport (we were advised by a consultant that their clients were previously doing it).

Now today I received a CoA without work due to failure to provide original of sponsors' ID. I don't care much about work at this stage, what worries me is that I did not get biometrics letter yet. I don't understand how this can happen? This is one of 2 conditions to have CoA (as per gov.uk):

A certificate of application will be issued following receipt of a valid application for an EEA residence card.

you have successfully enrolled your biometric information in relation to the application

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:18 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 pm
Hi,

Just read your post. It is quite weird that your recieved COA before Biometrics Letter. I'm on a same boat as well but I have not received any confirmation yet from home office regarding that they have received my application?

I applied 1 day before my Tier 4 student visa expires, I'm pretty sure that I did everything they requested for the application to be valid. I sent £65 with the postal order.

I'm not sure what to do next as I'm already breaching the regulations of Section 3C. Does anyone have a clue what I could do this minute to speed up my application process so I can prevent myself from the overstay and it's consequences.

iwolga wrote:
Hi all,

Hi, what I read in timelines for EEA2 is that some unmarried partners were indeed receiving CoA without work same time as their biometrics invitation. I assume since I did not provide original of my husband's ID and by what they all say in CoA that they can sort of treat me now (process wise) as unmarried partner.

So waiting game all along...

Did you receive an email from them? Do you have a track and trace with post?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am

Just read your other post. I can't really say that we are in the same boat as I'm a married partner and I can't run into overstaying situation. Though they seem to apply the unmarried partner actions towards me for the work part of application.

I don't think that I've ever been waiting for a postman that restlessly in my life! Good luck to us all :)

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:22 am

According to my research until now, you must email to
Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They will be able to hopefully provide you response. I have just emailed today to them about my application so I don't know the success rate of there replies.

But to me it looks like it should be fine and they should send it to you soon.

iwolga wrote:
Hi all,

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

I have asked my MP to speed up the process. I read it on one of the free movement websites and it said that they reply to MPs more faster.

https://www.writetothem.com/

You can find yours from this website.

I think to get COA with work is quite essential to have the EEA National exercising treaty rights? Does your husband have a permanent residence or he is self sufficient in UK?

I think you if you need to work - you must provide your husband's passport to them when he arrives back to the country.

I have never been so stressed in my life. Its been 17 days now and there is no reply from them whatsoever. I'm sending a letter to them via post today to see if they have seen my application.

iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am
Just read your other post. I can't really say that we are in the same boat as I'm a married partner and I can't run into overstaying situation. Though they seem to apply the unmarried partner actions towards me for the work part of application.

I don't think that I've ever been waiting for a postman that restlessly in my life! Good luck to us all :)

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 am

Hi, so you did not receive anything from them at all? Email confirmation? How did you pay?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:58 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am
I think to get COA with work is quite essential to have the EEA National exercising treaty rights? Does your husband have a permanent residence or he is self sufficient in UK?

I think you if you need to work - you must provide your husband's passport to them when he arrives back to the country.

I have never been so stressed in my life. Its been 17 days now and there is no reply from them whatsoever. I'm sending a letter to them via post today to see if they have seen my application.
My husband is a qualified person, no problem with that. I don't really need to work or have any job offer now, so I'm the least worried about this part. We will try to get his ID card ASAP (which is still a project as needs to be done in London) and I will be just waiting what they all send to me.

I'm waiting for bio letter this week (hopefully). And they mentioned in CoA that they might request further papers if required. Well, in that case we will be ready with ID card (hopefully again).

Yes, this is all very difficult: uncertainty, waiting etc. My husband can't 100% relate to what I'm feeling, but I totally an understand you. This puts your life on hold and this is difficult to overcome the feeling that this is your main task for the day: wait.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 am

I haven't received anything yet. I paid via postal order.I'm going to post office today to check if they received my payment.

In my scenerio, I have seen applicants getting biometrics letter after a month but I would like to speed up my case as I'm overstayer without COA and also I had to take a break from my work.

I have emailed different authorities to look up on my case and I hope they do something about it.
iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 am
Hi, so you did not receive anything from them at all? Email confirmation? How did you pay?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 am
I haven't received anything yet. I paid via postal order.I'm going to post office today to check if they received my payment.

In my scenerio, I have seen applicants getting biometrics letter after a month but I would like to speed up my case as I'm overstayer without COA and also I had to take a break from my work.

I have emailed different authorities to look up on my case and I hope they do something about it.
iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 am
Well, good luck :)
I hope it resolves fast for both of us. Keep me posted!

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 am

Hi

Do you have any updates on your application?

MrsNonEU
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by MrsNonEU » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am
I have asked my MP to speed up the process. I read it on one of the free movement websites and it said that they reply to MPs more faster.

https://www.writetothem.com/

You can find yours from this website.

iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am

Hey, I was following the forum. After you contacted your MP how long after that did you get your COA or settlement status?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:57 am

Hi,

I Emailed and Posted a letter to MP and it was a positive result. He gave me the paper to sign of that he acting on my behalf.

I also gave the letter to home office where I made a application saying I need an update. They emailed me today that they have written to me via post and it should be arriving in due course.

Can I ask what application you have made and how long have you waited?

MrsNonEU
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by MrsNonEU » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:57 am
Hi,

I Emailed and Posted a letter to MP and it was a positive result. He gave me the paper to sign of that he acting on my behalf.

I also gave the letter to home office where I made a application saying I need an update. They emailed me today that they have written to me via post and it should be arriving in due course.

I am applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, it has been over 2 months now that I didnt get anything from them. How long did you had to wait?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:59 am

amaherchandani wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 am
Hi

Do you have any updates on your application?
Hi, no, not really. Next Monday is going to be 3 weeks since I've sent my papers. Well, I do have my email confirmation, I even have CoA (without work) but I'm still waiting for biometrics letter from them.

My husband in the meantime applied for his ID card, which we only going to get in 2 weeks time (still not sure what we'll do with it at this stage)

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:04 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Hi,

I can see you made some progress! Good! I'm waiting for postman impatiently every day, but so far nothing.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:14 pm

MrsNonEU wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 am
amaherchandani wrote:
Hi,

I am applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, it has been over 2 months now that I didnt get anything from them. How long did you had to wait?
2 months???? Did you at least receive an email or application #?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm on a same boat as her. I applied my application a month ago and so far no reply.

I'm not sure what is the issue with the biometrics enrollment.

I don't have much experience with EEA routes. I always applied to UK before using Tier 4.

The results were quick on that.