ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change BRP to EU Settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daku
Albania

Change BRP to EU Settlement

Post by daku » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am

Hi,

If you are in the process of changing the BRP that was issued under EEA rules to the new pre-settled EU scheme are you able to travel while your application is in process. Biometrics didn't have to be provided an application was done through the APP.

kamoe

Re: Change BRP to EU Settlement

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:57 pm

daku wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am
Hi,

If you are in the process of changing the BRP that was issued under EEA rules to the new pre-settled EU scheme are you able to travel while your application is in process. Biometrics didn't have to be provided an application was done through the APP.
There might be a risk of your new biometric card being issued while you are abroad, and it automatically invalidating your old one. In that case you'll face issues trying to come back into the UK since your old card might be invalid and no longer attached to your status.

For the case of people who did give biometrics again for the new card, in this post we have gathered that the new card is not automatically activated or linked to the status. You need to request this explicitly after you receive the new card. This means that one might (just might) get away with traveling on the old card if one takes the precaution of only requesting the update of the new card after one has come back into the UK.

Sadly, I haven't seen the same analysis for when biometrics did not take place and one applied via the app. Hence why I say there might be a risk.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.