ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child of Dependent Parents of EU Citizen Spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ziqbal2567
Newly Registered

Child of Dependent Parents of EU Citizen Spouse

Post by ziqbal2567 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Me and my wife came to the UK on a EUSS family permit in June 2021 as Dependent Parents of the Spouse of an EU citizen. (My daughters husband has a Spanish passport).

We have been given Pre-Settled Status through the EU Settlement Scheme. We are also working here. However, we have a child who is under 18 who is still living in pakistan with other family members. I have tried to find ways in which I could bring him here to live with us but I am confused for what visa I could apply for him. I have looked into the EUSS for him, however as we are not EU citizens ourselves, I do not think that would apply to bring him. I have also looked into a Child Family Visa but do not understand if we would be eligible through that as we only have Pre-Settled Status.

Could anyone please help with this, as I have researched everywhere but cannot seem to find a solution.

Many Thanks in Advance!

secret.simon

Re: Child of Dependent Parents of EU Citizen Spouse

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:45 pm

Simply put, you can't sponsor your child to the UK at the moment.

The UK has a very restrictive approach to family migration, allowing only one spouse and children to be sponsored.

British citizens can't even sponsor their dependent parents with ease. And there is no route at all for siblings or other family members of British citizens.

You could only be sponsored because of the provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement, which allowed for dependent parents of EEA citizens and their spouses to be sponsored.

You will be able to sponsor your child only if they are still under the age of 18 when you get Settled Status, and only after you get Settled Status.

Otherwise, your child will have to find his own way to the UK, on a student visa or a Skilled Worker visa and work his way up to ILR in their own right.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.