ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA LETTER

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Flaviadeavelar
Newly Registered
Brazil

COA LETTER

Post by Flaviadeavelar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi guys
I’m desperate need your help !
So I’ve applied for permanent visa non EEU I done my biometric on the 14 of feb and I didn’t received the COA letter yet ! The company that I’m working gave me a deadline otherwise I’ll loose my job ... I’m not working I’m on sort of special unpaid leave .. I sent an email to the home office but no response yet ... does anybody could help me ?

jrmaciel

Re: COA LETTER

Post by jrmaciel » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that.
That's very strange indeed. It usually takes around a week for CoA to arrive (there is a thread with timeline in this forum).

But to your case:
I'd recommend that you give to the employer this website (https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status), the "Employer Checking Service". It helps them to find out if you can work in the UK. Just give the case reference (should be in the biometric letter) and they can work out from there.

Hope it helps.
Good luck!

kamoe

Re: COA LETTER

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am

Flaviadeavelar wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:41 pm
So I’ve applied for permanent visa non EEU I done my biometric on the 14 of feb and I didn’t received the COA letter yet !
Are you the direct or the extended family member of a EU citizen? Direct family members receive the long CoA with right to work about a week after their biometrics are taken, but extended family members have to wait until the actual card is issued to prove their right to work...
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.