ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusing email form Sheffield

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

housam424
Newly Registered

confusing email form Sheffield

Post by housam424 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am

Dear all,

Thanks you very much for your help.

My wife applied for EU settled status family permit from Berlin. The application followed the usual process. However, this morning I received this email.

Subject Visa Application SWP - VAF xxxxxxx

Dear XXXXXX,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxx

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the Submission Without Passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application.

Please would you submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also send an email confirming that you have done so and on what date to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting the VAF number above and SWP in the subject line.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Now I have not heard about the SWP and VAF in the past, anyone has an idea what does this mean ? I tried to call the helpline but they also did not have any information to offer apart from the decision has been made.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks
Housam

sajid9608
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: confusing email form Sheffield

Post by sajid9608 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:15 pm

HI Housam,

Hope all went well and outcome was positive.
Did you come to know about SWP as i received almost same kind of email?

Thanks

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:46 pm

SWP- SUBMISSION WITHOUT PASSPORT.
reference number starting with vaf

sajid9608
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sajid9608 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Thanks
Njazzy
I have been asked to submit my passport after decision has been made what does it mean?

manarh
Newly Registered

Post by manarh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:19 pm

My nephew's wife who applied for a spousal visa from abroad has just received this email too. This forum thread is the only place that seems to mention this wording. I'm hoping nobody coming back to say what happened means the email is good news -- our best guess is that the email means the visa application has been approved. If anyone knows more it would be great to hear.

I'll report back with what happened in our case when we know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:14 pm

manarh wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:19 pm
My nephew's wife who applied for a spousal visa from abroad has just received this email too. This forum thread is the only place that seems to mention this wording. I'm hoping nobody coming back to say what happened means the email is good news -- our best guess is that the email means the visa application has been approved. If anyone knows more it would be great to hear.

This topic is not for spouse visa but for EEA/EU family members, completely different rules and requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manarh
Newly Registered

Post by manarh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:14 pm
manarh wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:19 pm

This topic is not for spouse visa but for EEA/EU family members, completely different rules and requirements.
Are you suggesting that the meaning of an email from the Home Office with the exact sane wording, most notably "Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application. Please would you submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email.", is near certain to mean different things depending on which visa it is being sent in relation to?

Or that this entire topic (for EEA/EU family visas and spousal visas and no double other visas) is best covered in a different forum?

Or something else?