ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous residence question, Part on Pre-Settled and part on 5 Year spouse route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freshVanilla
Newly Registered

Continuous residence question, Part on Pre-Settled and part on 5 Year spouse route

Post by freshVanilla » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Hello,

I am a non-EU citizen, and have entered the UK based on an EEA Family permit for 6 months,

Then my spouse got a British citizenship,

Switched to 5 Year route and got 2.5 year FLR(M) visa 6 month after entering the UK

stayed for 2 years on FLR(M) visa, then switched and got EU Pre-settled status

It has been almost 3.5 years now ( 6 months EEA FP, 2 years FLR(M), 1 year Pre-settled)

Will my continuous period be interrupted by these different types of visas, and when can I apply for settled status please

freshVanilla
Newly Registered

Re: Continuous residence question, Part on Pre-Settled and part on 5 Year spouse route

Post by freshVanilla » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Any response would be greatly appreciated, thank you

kamoe

Re: Continuous residence question, Part on Pre-Settled and part on 5 Year spouse route

Post by kamoe » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:31 am

freshVanilla wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm
Hello,

I am a non-EU citizen, and have entered the UK based on an EEA Family permit for 6 months,

Then my spouse got a British citizenship,

Switched to 5 Year route and got 2.5 year FLR(M) visa 6 month after entering the UK

stayed for 2 years on FLR(M) visa, then switched and got EU Pre-settled status

It has been almost 3.5 years now ( 6 months EEA FP, 2 years FLR(M), 1 year Pre-settled)

Will my continuous period be interrupted by these different types of visas, and when can I apply for settled status please
If the sponsor has always been the same EU national, then you have not interrupted your stay in the UK.
If that is the case, you will qualify for Settled Status 5 years after your first entry under a EEA Family Permit.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

freshVanilla
Newly Registered

Post by freshVanilla » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Thank you very much