Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Document Translation

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Document Translation

Post by Elizabeth_V » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 am

I'm about to apply for a residence card. My husband is Hungarian and I'm South American. For this I should submit, among other documents, my husband's divorce certificate from his previous marriage. The issue is that this certificate is written in both Hungarian and English except for one single line that states the annulment of marriage. My husband suggests translating it himself on a separate sheet, but the Home Office mentions in the form that it should be done by a certified translator. So should we hire a translator for just one line? The most important line in the document though. We'll very much appreciate your kind guidance on this. Thank you.