ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Zambrano (derivative) now count towards 10 years long residence ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Does Zambrano (derivative) now count towards 10 years long residence ILR

Post by expositouk1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi folks, can someone please tell me if time spent under Zambrano visa can be counted as part of 'lawful' residence for 10 years indefinite leave to remain, please? My partner was on the Zambrano track but switched to the 5 years parent route under the immigration rules instead since the Home Office argued that Zambrano wouldn't lead to ILR.

Obviously, that's now not the case, so I'm wondering if time spent under Zambrano can now also be included in calculating 10 years long residence for indefinite leave to remain, or whether Zambrano only helps when one is applying under the EU Settlement route? Many thanks

Casa

Re: Does Zambrano (derivative) now count towards 10 years long residence ILR

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:51 pm

expositouk1 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:32 pm
Hi folks, can someone please tell me if time spent under Zambrano visa can be counted as part of 'lawful' residence for 10 years indefinite leave to remain, please? My partner was on the Zambrano track but switched to the 5 years parent route under the immigration rules instead since the Home Office argued that Zambrano wouldn't lead to ILR.

Obviously, that's now not the case, so I'm wondering if time spent under Zambrano can now also be included in calculating 10 years long residence for indefinite leave to remain, or whether Zambrano only helps when one is applying under the EU Settlement route? Many thanks
Please continue in your original topic
indefinite-leave-to-remain/has-zambrano ... 38741.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.