ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Durable relationships

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bella123
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Durable relationships

Post by Bella123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello I’m new to the forum hi all :D
I have a question and will really appreciate some help ...
I don’t quite understand what evidence I need to provide in order to apply for extended family member as I am eu citizen and in relationship with non eu from more then 2 and a half years leaving together... ???
And secondly even after applying I don’t understand which right the non eu have even if we proof that we are in durable relationship .. ??
I’m sorry if I confuse someone with my question but I’m very confused myself :roll:
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Durable relationships

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:34 am

Which country are you applying for the durable relationship in?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bella123
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Bella123 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Here in the Uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:31 pm

You have no automatic rights as the unmarried partner of an EU citizen. You will only have legal status (if you currently have no visa) once your RC is issued.

HO would expect to see evidence for the last 2 years of living together in a relationship akin to marriage, which joint commitments etc.

What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bella123
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Bella123 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:29 am

Hi thank you for the fast response the situation is the non eu is overstayer me I’m eu November making 5 years in the country.
We do life together from 2+ years we have rent agreement to slow as evidence plus photographs and friends who can confirm we are in genuine relationship .
We consider marriage but don’t want to do it only for the papers it’s doesn’t feel right and it’s too soon some
how . That’s why we decided to go for extended family member as of durable partner.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:38 am

Section 5: Durable relationship (unmarried or same-sex
partner of the EEA national)

Proof that you’re in a durable relationship with the relevant EEA national
You should send at least 6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the
same address as evidence that you have been living together for at least two years, or since you
were last issued with a registration certificate or residence card in this category (if applicable).
The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples
of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are
not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They
should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names,
you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.
For example – if you have 4 items of correspondence in joint names for the same address, you
would need to submit 2 items addressed to each partner at that address (8 items in total).
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12
items (6 each) of correspondence, showing that you live together at the same address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please
provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether
you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting
evidence.
Section 5: Durable relationship (unmarried or same-sex
partner of the EEA national)
Proof that you’re in a durable relationship with the relevant EEA national
You should send at least 6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the
same address as evidence that you have been living together for at least two years, or since you
were last issued with a registration certificate or residence card in this category (if applicable).
The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples
of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are
not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They
should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names,
you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.
For example – if you have 4 items of correspondence in joint names for the same address, you
would need to submit 2 items addressed to each partner at that address (8 items in total).
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12
items (6 each) of correspondence, showing that you live together at the same address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please
provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether
you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting
evidence.
Suitable evidence includes (but is not limited to):
 Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM
Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
 Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical
treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
 Bank statements/letters
 Building society savings books/letters
 Council tax bills or statements
 Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
 Water rates bills or statements
 Mortgage statements/agreement
 Tenancy agreement(s)
 Telephone bills or statements
 Photographs of you and your sponsor together – for example, on holiday or at a family
celebration
 Evidence of how you have kept in contact with each other during periods in which you have not
lived together – for example, letters, printouts of emails or contact via social media, mobile
phone bills showing you have contacted each other, printouts of Skype (or similar) logs, etc
 Any other relevant evidence.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04_KP.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.