ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Application Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jadine11
Newly Registered
South Africa

EEA Application Advice

Post by Jadine11 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this site, I found the discussion boards while trying to figure out exactly what my partner and I need to do.

My fiance is a dual national and holds both an irish and british passport as he resides in Northern Ireland and I am a South African citizen with a South African passport, we are planning on getting married soon and unfortunately we do not have the funds to go the UK Fiance/Spousal visa route and I find myself looking for other routes for us to be together, as our relationship as strong as it is; is taking strain being apart from each other we have come so far and i would hate for something to go wrong with anything that needs to be done in the near future and delay us further from starting our new lives together.

What I have read on the site thus far has been very informative and yet very confusing at the same time it really is a lot to take in. :oops: :shock:

I have a few questions that maybe some of you will be able to answer maybe having gone through the same thing...

1. Is renouncing his British citizenship absolutely necessary in going the EEA route?
2. How long is the turn around more or less now for this to take place? (i noticed on a thread from a few years back it was quite a wait)
3. Once we are married and he is no longer a British citizen, what steps do I need to follow with regards to applying for a EEA family permit? What information would they require with the application?

I thank you all in advance for any help and advice offered!!! :)