ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Extended Family Member Application from Pakistan

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kinduzr
Newly Registered

EEA Extended Family Member Application Pakistan

Post by kinduzr » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:55 am

hi, Dear all seniors and Experts. I need advise on:

I lived in the UK from 2011 to 2017. until 2015 I was on student visa, but due to the college seized, I submitted application to switch to EEA extended Family Member (my sister in Law's basis). my application was refused, then i applied again and during the process I withdrawn my appeal application and gone back to Pakistan.
Now I am in Pakistan, can I apply now as EEA extended family member from Pakistan, as I am still dependent on my sister in Law. i can provide evidences of financial help from her.

Please guide in the current situation.
thank you

kamoe

Re: EEA Extended Family Member Application Pakistan

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 pm

I'm afraid the doors are now closed for extended family members to either the EEA route or the EUSS route.

The EEA FP is only open for close family members and unmarried partners: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit
You can still apply for the EEA family permit if you’re the close family member or unmarried partner of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who is a qualified person or has a right of permanent residence in the UK.
The EUSS FP is only open to spouses, partners or unmarried partners; and direct line ascendants or descendants: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
Eligible family members
You can join your:

spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner
child or grandchild aged under 21
dependent child or grandchild of any age
dependent parent or grandparent
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kinduzr
Newly Registered

EEA Extended Family Member Application from Pakistan

Post by kinduzr » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:45 am

Hi,
I am currently in Pakistan, I am a Pakistani national. I lived int he UK from 2011 to 2017. when I was in the UK, I tried to switch from Student to EEA extended Family member (sponsor was my brother's wife, Slovakian National) but my application was refused and right of appeal was withdrawn by the Theresa May's govt.
Then I withdrawn my appeal application and left the UK voluntarily.

I want to apply for UK again, What route shall I choose? what is the best route for me? can I apply on EEA family member's ( sponsor is my brother's wife, Slovakian National) base as EEA extended family member etc?

Please advise in details.
Thanks to all seniors and experts in the group.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA Extended Family Member Application Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 pm
I'm afraid the doors are now closed for extended family members to either the EEA route or the EUSS route.

The EEA FP is only open for close family members and unmarried partners: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit
You can still apply for the EEA family permit if you’re the close family member or unmarried partner of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who is a qualified person or has a right of permanent residence in the UK.
The EUSS FP is only open to spouses, partners or unmarried partners; and direct line ascendants or descendants: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
Eligible family members
You can join your:

spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner
child or grandchild aged under 21
dependent child or grandchild of any age
dependent parent or grandparent
Topics merged.

User kamoe already answered your query in April. The advice doesn't change by asking again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kinduzr
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Extended Family Member Application from Pakistan

Post by kinduzr » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:56 am

thank you for your advise.
Shall I apply for the Student Visa? or is there another route for visa which lead to settlement in future with investment of upto £200000?
thank you

kamoe

Re: EEA Extended Family Member Application from Pakistan

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:25 pm

kinduzr wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:56 am
thank you for your advise.
Shall I apply for the Student Visa? or is there another route for visa which lead to settlement in future with investment of upto £200000?
thank you
Since it is now clear that your question falls outside of the scope the EEA category, and it is also clear that you do not know which category to apply for, you should address your question in the General Immigration section.

Can a moderator please lock this thread?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.