ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT APPLICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yasmeen81
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT APPLICATION

Post by yasmeen81 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi

could someone help please ??

i am Spanish national and applying for eea family permit for my husband who is in Pakistan. i am hoping to send documents to my husband at end of October . While collecting all paper work i have noticed that my husband passport is expiring on 20 May 2020(basically 7 month left). I was wondering does my husband need to renew his passport?? or it will be ok to send his current passport ?? i know that initially he will be given 6 month visa so whats the best option i am bit confuse . please can someone help , would appreciate it .

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT APPLICATION

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm

I recommend he renews his passport asap the apply.

I don't think there will be an issue with a 7 month passport when it comes to an EEA visa. But by the time he comes to the UK and sort some paperwork, his passport would be gone. He then needs to register with the Embassy in London and get a new passport there.

I am thinking it will be cheaper and less of a hassle to get a new passport in Pakistan and come in with a fresh passport. He will be busy once in the UK, you don't want him to add a passport renewal in top of that.

For the EEA permit, mind Brexit development please.

yasmeen81
Newly Registered

Post by yasmeen81 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am

Thank you so much for your reply .

You suggest that he gets his passport renew then we apply for eea family permit .

I am also concerned for brexit which is round the corner , I have no idea how it will affect if paper are submitted after 31 October . Any idea?

Would appreciate your response

Thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:45 am

yasmeen81 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am
Thank you so much for your reply .

You suggest that he gets his passport renew then we apply for eea family permit .

I am also concerned for brexit which is round the corner , I have no idea how it will affect if paper are submitted after 31 October . Any idea?

Would appreciate your response

Thanks
I would also suggest to renew passport before applying. With all paper s**tflow that you are facing it would be pretty annoying to also change the passport.

Re Brexit - no one knows) that’s the “beauty” of this situation that we don’t know what to expect. Technically, with no-deal Brexit that can close this route on 1/11. Will they do this? Probably not straight away. Deal Brexit will depend on deal but most probably the route will still be closed at some point.

In any case, from the info you posted I don’t see why you can’t apply for Settlement Scheme papers? This route will be available for you after Brexit

yasmeen81
Newly Registered

Post by yasmeen81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:22 am

Thanks to those who had responded to my enquires

I am in process to renew my husband passport . Whole collecting all supporting documents i am not sure how to include our pictures . I have been reading on this forum that pictures needs to be dated etc. Whereas I have just digital photographs almost 80 with no dates on . Would they be ok ? Also for eea family permit do I need to book for tb test as it’s not on requirement list but people on this forum has mentioned getting one done ? Please could someone help . Would really appreciate it
Thanks a lot

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:45 am

In my application, I attached the travel tickets and then I got the digital photographs from my phone and got them printed in glossy paper via an app called Snapfish.

Separated those pictures accordingly with the travel dates. I made around 4-5 envelopes stating dates and place where we travelled.

Example : 23 July -25 July (Liverpool) + Tickets

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:52 pm

If you are applying for FP, you apply online.

You are also required to have everything scanned and uploaded. What I did was put all photos in Word, put a description to each of it: "X & Y with X family at Christmas dinner, 25.12.2017", then pdf. Ready to upload.

No requirement for TB with EEA FP.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:53 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:45 am
In my application, I attached the travel tickets and then I got the digital photographs from my phone and got them printed in glossy paper via an app called Snapfish.

Separated those pictures accordingly with the travel dates. I made around 4-5 envelopes stating dates and place where we travelled.

Example : 23 July -25 July (Liverpool) + Tickets
ain't it surprising that you can apply for FP online these days almost everywhere in the world, but you can't apply online for EEA card in UK?