ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit for BC dependent in EU - possibility to travel?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NoWomanNoCry123
Newly Registered
Wales

EEA Family permit for BC dependent in EU - possibility to travel?

Post by NoWomanNoCry123 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:27 am

Hi all,
this is my situation currently:
British citizen currently living and working in the EU. Applied for and was granted a EU residence card for my dependent spouse. Now we are planning to return to the UK under the Surinder Singh route. So recently in Oct we made an application for EEA family permit, which is currently still in processing. We submitted my dependent spouse's passport for this application.
My question is: as Christmas is approaching, and we always spend time with family and friends in the UK for this (and also having booked tickets and so on) I would like to travel back to the UK this Christmas with my spouse (EEA family permit Surinder Singh route application currently pending with HO). But can my spouse just travel with EU residence card and no passport? Or alternatively, should we request for a passport return - whilst the application is on-going so we can make this trip to the UK and return back to the EU?

Thanks in advance!

iwolga

Re: EEA Family permit for BC dependent in EU - possibility to travel?

Post by iwolga » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am

My question is: as Christmas is approaching, and we always spend time with family and friends in the UK for this (and also having booked tickets and so on) I would like to travel back to the UK this Christmas with my spouse (EEA family permit Surinder Singh route application currently pending with HO). But can my spouse just travel with EU residence card and no passport?
No, she needs her passport. EU residence card is not an EU citizen ID card and cannot be used separately for travelling.
Or alternatively, should we request for a passport return - whilst the application is on-going so we can make this trip to the UK and return back to the EU?
Not sure re SS route, but with standard EEA FP you can either initially keep your passport (ie choose this service when you do biometrics) or you will end up with application withdrawn.

vinny

Re: EEA Family permit for BC dependent in EU - possibility to travel?

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.