Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit: right to work. How to prove it?

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 am

Post by maviesk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 am

In our experience my partner missed out on a job with a national supermarket chain, simply because they just didn't 'get' the certificate of application and insisted on a passport with residency. He was lucky that an agency 'threw caution to the wind' and was so desperate for people that they photocopied the letter and kept it, but I doubt they ever used the checking service that they were supposed to use.

At the end of the day, a lot of employers find it too much of a hassle to fax documents and wait for a response from the UKBA, so they just don't bother, sad but true..

Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 am

When you say did not "get"; I take to mean they didn't understand or could not be bothered with the hassle. Did you complain?

Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by ElMa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 am

I can not understand how COA can help me to get a job, if in this case I even haven't the original of my passport? Or a copy would be suitable?

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Re: EEA Family Permit: right to work. How to prove it?

Post by Alexinga » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 pm

My name is Alex and i am a Romanian citizen with Italian residence. I am currently studying in the UK (Scotland). I am married to a Russian girl and we have recently applied for her residence card. We have now received the CoA stating that "we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom". That is because we have not provided "sufficient evidence of your sponsor exercising Treaty rights". I have called 03001232253 and they have told me that the only thing that is missing is the " comprehensive sickness insurance". I have provided the EHIC but it only works on a temporary basis.
My question is: She really cannot work until they decide? The HO call centre said to try to send the comprehensive sickness insurance because they may accept it. How long can you work with the family permit?
Does she have any right to work if she is my wife?
Thanks in advantage.