ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sundaytomonday
Newly Registered

Eea family permit for parents in law under settlement scheme

Post by Sundaytomonday » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 am

Hi .
My wife is a EU Citizen and we both have settled status.

I want to bring my parents on family permit.

Do i need to show proof of sending money to them regularly .

I have some but mostly i never keep .

I have 2 western union reciept from this year and 2 or 3 money transfer reciept from last few years which i found.

My brother is in australia ..he also sending money to them sometimes and my sister is here on ILR under uk law ..she also supporting her.

I just heard that i can bring my parents on family permit bcoz my wife is a EU citizen

Documents which i hv

Setlled status both of us.
Both permanent jobs
My wife is on maternity leave from this month.
Utility bill
Marriage certificate.

Our 3 bed house (mortgage).
Just confused about how to show dependcy proof like money trsnsfers..

And i also heard that i dont need to show any money transfer under settlement scheme.

I asked solicitir and he asking for £2000 to make my application.

Is it easy or hard if i will make application by my own?

How much money do i need to show in my bank also.

Please help me.

What documents do i need?

Gablau
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Eea family permit for parents in law under settlement scheme

Post by Gablau » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 am

Hey!
follow this thread. will get all the answer you are looking for

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... s#p1794742

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 am

Hello

You can indeed apply and each application is considered under its own merits by the Home Office.

However, you have to consider 2 things:

- Once your parents show interest in immigrating to the UK, they won't get UK visitor visas in the future. So if your attempt to bring them permanently to the UK fails, you won't be able to see them in the UK as visitors.

- As matter of policy, the Home Office was never sympathetic to extended dependent family members. Dependent from an EEA today, how long before turning into dependent of the UK taxpayer?

More and more venues have been developed to refuse these applications or to limit the eligibility. One the major changes is what happened on Feb 1st, 2017. This is meaningful to your case. It's published here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v7.0.pdf

Page 8:

Because of that, the Home Office can turn around and tell them they are not eligible at all.

But even before that Feb 1, 2017 change, it wasn't easy to bring the parents of the non-EEA national on the basis that they received a couple of Western Union payments from the UK.

You are making these payments as your brother is also making similar payments from Australia. The claim of dependency to an EEA national is weak to non-existent here. Stronger elements of dependency and/or being part of the household of the EEA national had to be shown when this route was available.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 am

Hi .
I think under EU settlemnt scheme family permit you dont need to show any financial supporting prove..

Correct me if its not true...

Thank u

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Rkohdi wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 am
Hi .
I think under EU settlemnt scheme family permit you dont need to show any financial supporting prove..

Correct me if its not true...

Thank u
Hi you are very right as per EU settlement scheme caseworker guide but when you make the application online they ask you 2 main things proof of relationship and proof of dependancy like sending money and take care expenditure.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
To be honest it is easy and more chance to bring parents in UK. I have applied for my mother because she is widow and I have submitted application online on her behalf and I have planned before to apply sent money in her bank account so at the time of application I have uploaded bank statement and my birth certificate. She got her visa in 6 days and after her arrival now she have now pre settled as well. I'm EU national and having settled status.
You are not entitled to sponsor your parents under this scheme but your wife can do but it's depend on caseworker.
Again I suggest you must apply through this scheme God will help you. Best of luck

Sundaytomonday
Newly Registered

Eea family permit

Post by Sundaytomonday » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Can someone please tell me is it easy to make application for family permit under settlement scheme or need help from any solicitor....

Or evidence of dependcy for parents need or just birth certificate is enough

Rkohdi
India

Re: Eea family permit

Post by Rkohdi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:36 pm

My parents got settlement family permit today.....i did not submit any of moneybtransfer reciept

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:39 pm

Are u eu national and what documents did u submit please thank you

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm

My wife is Eu national...i only submit marriage certificate and my birth certificate and covering letter and some payslips of my and my wife and bank statements wife and house mortgage documents thats it..withing 2 weeks they got visa

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:47 pm

I'm non eu national married to an eu nation and we have baby 15 months old and has British citizenship I have eea residence card and also have pre settled my mum and dad lives in Morocco I would then to come and stay with me for little while I'm I want to apply for eea family permit for them but I'm scared if they be refused they will never qualify for visit Visa as when u apply for family permit u need to show independcy money transfer
I really need help what options I have
What steps I need to take
Ur help will be much appreciated
Thanks a lot for reading

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:47 pm
I'm non eu national married to an eu nation and we have baby 15 months old and has British citizenship I have eea residence card and also have pre settled my mum and dad lives in Morocco I would then to come and stay with me for little while I'm I want to apply for eea family permit for them but I'm scared if they be refused they will never qualify for visit Visa as when u apply for family permit u need to show independcy money transfer
I really need help what options I have
What steps I need to take
Ur help will be much appreciated
Thanks a lot for reading
Please either start your own topic or continue in one you already have instead of tagging your questions onto topics from last year and hijacking them!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.