ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
User2014
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by User2014 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 am

My spouse Is EU National and I have a EU residence card we moved to uk 3-4 years ago, I want to apply for residence card for my dependant parents (Non-eea) who are already in uk on visit visa, According to HO recent publication on 1st Oct 2019 (plz check the quoted statement below at the end and link below as well) where it states that if family member is a close family member then the dependancy is assumed and only evidence required is to prove the relationship to sponsor, because I don’t have any proofs of sending money to my parents, please advise if my interpretation of this publication is correct and what are the chances of getting the visa and in case of rejection will my parents have to lose their 5 year visit visa which is due to expire in 2023, And is EEA(FM) is the correct form to use and is it going to be straightforward case and what documents do we need to produce ?

“Dependent parent
You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This includes a grandparent or great-grandparent or an adoptive parent of an adopted child. Their dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (where the relevant EEA citizen is 18 years old or older) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required to provide evidence of this.”
Please check page 22
(https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e-v2.0.pdf)

Moderators, senior members or anyone else can help please
Thank you In advance

Irfan1648
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Irfan1648 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Following -parents not in U.K.
but have been sending money
I’m British citizen and my wife EEA National
Moderators guidance will be much appreciated

Sajid29
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello ,sorry for posting here ,can someone answer my question too please . I want to apply for my parents and younger brother who is 16 . I am sending money from the past six years, but I have record for the past three years . My wife is EU national who is working full time as me .I sended money on my name not on my wife name .thank you
( we both have PR )

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:14 pm

User2014 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 am
My spouse Is EU National and I have a EU residence card we moved to uk 3-4 years ago, I want to apply for residence card for my dependant parents (Non-eea) who are already in uk on visit visa, According to HO recent publication on 1st Oct 2019 (plz check the quoted statement below at the end and link below as well) where it states that if family member is a close family member then the dependancy is assumed and only evidence required is to prove the relationship to sponsor, because I don’t have any proofs of sending money to my parents, please advise if my interpretation of this publication is correct and what are the chances of getting the visa and in case of rejection will my parents have to lose their 5 year visit visa which is due to expire in 2023, And is EEA(FM) is the correct form to use and is it going to be straightforward case and what documents do we need to produce ?

“Dependent parent
You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This includes a grandparent or great-grandparent or an adoptive parent of an adopted child. Their dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (where the relevant EEA citizen is 18 years old or older) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required to provide evidence of this.”
Please check page 22
(https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e-v2.0.pdf)

Moderators, senior members or anyone else can help please
Thank you In advance

Hello

If your parents are getting a 5-year visitor visa, I don't recommend you try the EEA route. It never worked so lightly and it's less likely to work as we are so close to the Brexit. They risk of failure of this application is very high and it comes with a cost: they will not qualify for any visitor visa in future.

Leo_one
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Leo_one » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello ,sorry for posting here ,can someone answer my question too please . I want to apply for my parents and younger brother who is 16 . I am sending money from the past six years, but I have record for the past three years . My wife is EU national who is working full time as me .I sended money on my name not on my wife name .thank you
( we both have PR )
Dear Sajid
I had applied for my mother as dependent parent in EU settlement scheme last month in September and booked the appointment for her biometric in Pakistan. She got the date of appointment 13/09/2019 and after 5days she got the EU family settlement visa for 6 months. Now she came and I have submitted her pre settled status application and biometric on 14/10/2019 but waiting for COA and status confirmation. I'm French national and having settled status and regularly sending money in her bank account. When I made application online from her side gave them my relationship proof obviously birth certificate and mother's bank statement 1 year nothing else then her passport.
I would recommend you apply for your mother first but your wife should apply with proof of her relationship with you. She can explain in covering letter about situation. I am very hopeful you will get but not sure about your brother through EU settlement scheme. Good luck to you 👍

Sajid29
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello ,sorry for posting here ,can someone answer my question too please . I want to apply for my parents and younger brother who is 16 . I am sending money from the past six years, but I have record for the past three years . My wife is EU national who is working full time as me .I sended money on my name not on my wife name .thank you
( we both have PR )
Dear Sajid
I had applied for my mother as dependent parent in EU settlement scheme last month in September and booked the appointment for her biometric in Pakistan. She got the date of appointment 13/09/2019 and after 5days she got the EU family settlement visa for 6 months. Now she came and I have submitted her pre settled status application and biometric on 14/10/2019 but waiting for COA and status confirmation. I'm French national and having settled status and regularly sending money in her bank account. When I made application online from her side gave them my relationship proof obviously birth certificate and mother's bank statement 1 year nothing else then her passport.
I would recommend you apply for your mother first but your wife should apply with proof of her relationship with you. She can explain in covering letter about situation. I am very hopeful you will get but not sure about your brother through EU settlement scheme. Good luck to you 👍

Thank you and congratulations. My mother or father don't have bank account . I always sended online which I have proof in my email or I can print out from the website. Will this be a problem if I didn't send money on my wife name to Pakistan? Our bank account are joint ,mortgage, Bill's etc

Leo_one
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Leo_one » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello ,sorry for posting here ,can someone answer my question too please . I want to apply for my parents and younger brother who is 16 . I am sending money from the past six years, but I have record for the past three years . My wife is EU national who is working full time as me .I sended money on my name not on my wife name .thank you
( we both have PR )
Dear Sajid
I had applied for my mother as dependent parent in EU settlement scheme last month in September and booked the appointment for her biometric in Pakistan. She got the date of appointment 13/09/2019 and after 5days she got the EU family settlement visa for 6 months. Now she came and I have submitted her pre settled status application and biometric on 14/10/2019 but waiting for COA and status confirmation. I'm French national and having settled status and regularly sending money in her bank account. When I made application online from her side gave them my relationship proof obviously birth certificate and mother's bank statement 1 year nothing else then her passport.
I would recommend you apply for your mother first but your wife should apply with proof of her relationship with you. She can explain in covering letter about situation. I am very hopeful you will get but not sure about your brother through EU settlement scheme. Good luck to you 👍

Thank you and congratulations. My mother or father don't have bank account . I always sended online which I have proof in my email or I can print out from the website. Will this be a problem if I didn't send money on my wife name to Pakistan? Our bank account are joint ,mortgage, Bill's etc
To be honest I am not sure there should be any problem only depend on caseworker. In my case no one was agreed when I applied with 2 things and they didn't even ask me why I'm the only one she depend. I believe when Allah would helps you no matter how much impossible. Covering letter should be in brief by your wife and must give your wife's unique application number. You can do everything while in UK online. Book her appointment and pay the upload documents fee which is about £13 something. The date of appointment your mother take the proof of relationship with you and your relationship with your wife in original. Her passport and original receipts of money you sent them. Visa process center will upload and return her back except of her passport. InShaAllah you will get the good news in week or 10 days. But please apply only for mother no both no brother. Good luck

Sajid29
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello ,sorry for posting here ,can someone answer my question too please . I want to apply for my parents and younger brother who is 16 . I am sending money from the past six years, but I have record for the past three years . My wife is EU national who is working full time as me .I sended money on my name not on my wife name .thank you
( we both have PR )
Dear Sajid
I had applied for my mother as dependent parent in EU settlement scheme last month in September and booked the appointment for her biometric in Pakistan. She got the date of appointment 13/09/2019 and after 5days she got the EU family settlement visa for 6 months. Now she came and I have submitted her pre settled status application and biometric on 14/10/2019 but waiting for COA and status confirmation. I'm French national and having settled status and regularly sending money in her bank account. When I made application online from her side gave them my relationship proof obviously birth certificate and mother's bank statement 1 year nothing else then her passport.
I would recommend you apply for your mother first but your wife should apply with proof of her relationship with you. She can explain in covering letter about situation. I am very hopeful you will get but not sure about your brother through EU settlement scheme. Good luck to you 👍

Thank you and congratulations. My mother or father don't have bank account . I always sended online which I have proof in my email or I can print out from the website. Will this be a problem if I didn't send money on my wife name to Pakistan? Our bank account are joint ,mortgage, Bill's etc
To be honest I am not sure there should be any problem only depend on caseworker. In my case no one was agreed when I applied with 2 things and they didn't even ask me why I'm the only one she depend. I believe when Allah would helps you no matter how much impossible. Covering letter should be in brief by your wife and must give your wife's unique application number. You can do everything while in UK online. Book her appointment and pay the upload documents fee which is about £13 something. The date of appointment your mother take the proof of relationship with you and your relationship with your wife in original. Her passport and original receipts of money you sent them. Visa process center will upload and return her back except of her passport. InShaAllah you will get the good news in week or 10 days. But please apply only for mother no both no brother. Good luck

Thank you . You mean just apply for mother ,not for father or brother ?

Leo_one
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Leo_one » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Yes

Leo_one
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Leo_one » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm


Dear Sajid
I had applied for my mother as dependent parent in EU settlement scheme last month in September and booked the appointment for her biometric in Pakistan. She got the date of appointment 13/09/2019 and after 5days she got the EU family settlement visa for 6 months. Now she came and I have submitted her pre settled status application and biometric on 14/10/2019 but waiting for COA and status confirmation. I'm French national and having settled status and regularly sending money in her bank account. When I made application online from her side gave them my relationship proof obviously birth certificate and mother's bank statement 1 year nothing else then her passport.
I would recommend you apply for your mother first but your wife should apply with proof of her relationship with you. She can explain in covering letter about situation. I am very hopeful you will get but not sure about your brother through EU settlement scheme. Good luck to you 👍

Thank you and congratulations. My mother or father don't have bank account . I always sended online which I have proof in my email or I can print out from the website. Will this be a problem if I didn't send money on my wife name to Pakistan? Our bank account are joint ,mortgage, Bill's etc
To be honest I am not sure there should be any problem only depend on caseworker. In my case no one was agreed when I applied with 2 things and they didn't even ask me why I'm the only one she depend. I believe when Allah would helps you no matter how much impossible. Covering letter should be in brief by your wife and must give your wife's unique application number. You can do everything while in UK online. Book her appointment and pay the upload documents fee which is about £13 something. The date of appointment your mother take the proof of relationship with you and your relationship with your wife in original. Her passport and original receipts of money you sent them. Visa process center will upload and return her back except of her passport. InShaAllah you will get the good news in week or 10 days. But please apply only for mother no both no brother. Good luck

Thank you . You mean just apply for mother ,not for father or brother ?
Yes only for mother because of for single they have sympathy. After then try for father if you want and hope you will get

Sajid29
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Yes
Thank you 😍

Irfan1648
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi , while applying Eu settlement scheme family permit they ask on required documents checklist to provide original EEA Passport of the sponsor not a copy , hoe are we able to provide them as the sponsor is in U.K. and application is from Pakistan?can
Anyone who have information or applied under this route help ?

Trustworthy85
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Trustworthy85 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:11 pm

You can send attested coloured photocopy by any solicitor who will charge you £10 to attest

Leo_one
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Leo_one » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Hi , while applying Eu settlement scheme family permit they ask on required documents checklist to provide original EEA Passport of the sponsor not a copy , hoe are we able to provide them as the sponsor is in U.K. and application is from Pakistan?can
Anyone who have information or applied under this route help ?
Hi, you don't need that if your sponsor already got settled status. You just gave his/her EUSS number and proof of relationship.

Irfan1648
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by Irfan1648 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Sponsor is naturalised as British citizen
And kept the EEA Nationality
There is an option you can apply under EU Settlement Scheme family permit (under Lounes case)

User2014
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: EEA (FM) dependant parent (Assumed dependancy ?)

Post by User2014 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Could someone explained this please quoted below from EU settlement guidance, Is evidence of financial dependancy really not required in case of parents ??

“You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This includes a grandparent or great-grandparent or an adoptive parent of an adopted child. Their dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (where the relevant EEA citizen is 18 years old or older) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required to provide evidence of this.”

Locked
cron