ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP OR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Taphiz
Newly Registered

EEA FP OR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FP

Post by Taphiz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 pm

I have gone through some pages here but I'm not sure this has already been asked and/or answered.

I am the non-EEA spouse of an EU citizen resident in the UK and we have obtained Pre-Settled Status. We want my non-EEA child who is under 21 to visit us, or stay if he likes it here. Which route is better under the circs for his application from outside the UK: the EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit? I ask this bearing in mind that if he decides to stay we may need to apply for a BRP to make it easier to proof his residency rights. Is it possible to obtain an actual card BRP if he enters the UK with an EU Settlement Scheme FP?
What are the required documents to apply for a Family Permit from outside the UK as a child under 21 of the non-EEA spouse of an EEA citizen under either of these routes?

Thank you all.

kamoe

Re: EEA FP OR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FP

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Taphiz wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 pm
Which route is better under the circs for his application from outside the UK: the EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit?
Both are equivalent at the moment. Come Brexit, however, the EU Settlement Scheme will take over and the EEA route will cease to exist. But this has yet to happen, and nothing stopping you from getting one or the other, or indeed, as many people do, both.

The EU Settlement Scheme route requires less documentary proof.
Is it possible to obtain an actual card BRP if he enters the UK with an EU Settlement Scheme FP?
No matter what route he goes for, EEA or EU Settlement, in either case, he will get first a sticker on his passport, and then he needs to apply for a physical card once he's in the UK.

For a comprehensive comparison of both routes, see this post.
What are the required documents to apply for a Family Permit from outside the UK as a child under 21 of the non-EEA spouse of an EEA citizen under either of these routes?
All information is clearly and freely available in the respective pages, below:
EEA route:
Documents you must provide
You must provide:
  • a valid passport
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years if unmarried
  • your family member’s valid passport or national identity card (or a certified copy if you cannot provide the original)
  • proof of your dependency if you’re dependent on your EEA family member
EU Settlement scheme:
Documents you must provide
You must provide:
  • a valid passport
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or birth certificate
  • your EEA family member’s EU Settlement Scheme application number, if they have one
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Taphiz
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP OR EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FP

Post by Taphiz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Thank you very much, Kamoe. Appreciated.