ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA partner resident card application advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maidavale nick
Newly Registered

EEA partner resident card application advice

Post by Maidavale nick » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

hey guys

my partner and I are about to submit our application for a uk resident card based on a durable relationship.
I just want to ask you guys for some advice to see if there is anything else we need to do before submitting our application.

I am a 29 years old male from iran, I have been living in the UK since 2011 and I have been an asylum seeker up until now, my asylum case has always been rejected without any right to work or travel or anything.
however I have been In a relationship with my Austrian partner since May 2015 and we have been living together since September 2016,
she works for the NHS and have all her payslips and tax return to show in support of my case since she is going to be my sponsor, and she already has a uk resident card as well.

we have individual bank statements and also joint bank accounts registered with our current address together.

we have a car together which is under my name but she has made all the payments for the car which we can prove it on her bank statements, we have 2 years of car insurance together which is under the name of both of us and she made the payments, vehicle tax and parking permit all registered to our current address together.

we have our full UK driving licences registered to our current address.

her employer's declaration.
her work contract and criminal record check, gym membership contract.
proof of online purchases since September 2016 proving we have been living together at the same address.

letter from the GP saying that she has been their patient since November 2016.

5 uk holildays together with proof of hotel bookings, train/ flight booking, pictures etc

letter from her mother confirming our relationship and pictures of us with her family.

what we don't have is utility bills, because we live at my brother's flat which is a flat in the same building where his business is located and the flat is included in his business lease and all the bills are paid by the business, we do pay rent to my brother which we can prove on my partner's bank statement.
we have tv licence, mobile bill, sky and BT bills under my name but no electricity, water or gas bills.

we have a letter from my brother confirming that we live at his flat and pay him rent and also have his business utility bills to show which is obviously under my brother's business name.

I just want to know if we are providing the home office with enough evidence to show that we are in a relationship akin to marriage and we have been living together at the same address for 2 years and two month ? or do you think this is not enough ? if not what else can we do ?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA partner resident card application advice

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Maidavale nick wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm
criminal record check, gym membership contract.
This seems a bit over-the-top. You don''t want to drown the HO officer with evidence...
Maidavale nick wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm
we have tv licence, mobile bill, sky and BT bills
TV Licence and BT bills *are* utility bills, so they're good - especially as in your name.

I would include a covering letter explaining your living situation with your brother/etc.

Have you consulted a lawyer at any point? I have no knowledge of asylum applications and now of course you're applying under the EEA route - but might be useful in your case, as it's not straightforward given you've been refused asylum.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Maidavale nick
Newly Registered

Post by Maidavale nick » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:15 am

thanks for your reply.
yes I do have a lawyer who is looking after my application, the lawyer wrote a statement explaining my living situation at my brother's flat and my brother also wrote a letter confirming it, we also have all the bank transactions when my partner transferred her rent into my brother's account on the 11th of every month since September 2016.

I believe we are providing the home office with all the documents they need to believe we have been in a genuine relationship akin to marriage but my only fear is that they might still reject us because of my asylum case.
we would even marry at this stage but unfortunately that is not possible because the home office has my iranian passport and that passport was expired in 2016 anyways.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 am

If you've got a lawyer and you've put together that list of documents with her/him - then I follow their advice, they are experts.

Best of luck 👍👍
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.