Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
has1989
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 am
Pakistan

EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by has1989 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone of you please help me with this. I lost my Italian passport back in 2013. Then i got a new one in 2014. So i have all the absences from UK recorded on this passport since i came in 2007 to UK. Now i am filling online application and it is asking me to put any absences which i had from UK. But i do not have a record of my previous absences because i lost my previous passport. I have entered the absences which is on my current passport. What i can do for the absences which are lost due to passport lost? Please advise asap.

Thanks very much in advance.

Has

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 pm

has1989 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Could anyone of you please help me with this. I lost my Italian passport back in 2013. Then i got a new one in 2014. So i have all the absences from UK recorded on this passport since i came in 2007 to UK. Now i am filling online application and it is asking me to put any absences which i had from UK. But i do not have a record of my previous absences because i lost my previous passport. I have entered the absences which is on my current passport. What i can do for the absences which are lost due to passport lost? Please advise asap.

Thanks very much in advance.

Has
Look elsewhere:
  • booking history
    emails
    holiday bookings
    work vacation requests
    bank/CC statements for flights etc
Anyone on an immigration journey needs to know this stuff is needed and to keep the papertrail or records. For ever.
Forget those TV shows about de-cluttering!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

has1989
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 am
Pakistan

Re: EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by has1989 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to think all the possible ways but i could not find anything. I am not too sure if i do not give them this information will it effect my application? Although i have entered any absences back till 2013. i think it is only 2 or 3 absences which are missing from my passport? Please advise.

thanks

Has

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 pm

has1989 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have tried to think all the possible ways but i could not find anything. I am not too sure if i do not give them this information will it effect my application? Although i have entered any absences back till 2013. i think it is only 2 or 3 absences which are missing from my passport? Please advise.

thanks

Has
If for some reason your entry/exit was stamped into Italian passport then you may have some history that can be accessed via a UKVI SAR.
See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
Othr posts in forum explain how to do this.

Otherwise explain in the PR application the reason for lack of detail (and loss of memory) in a cogent cover letter.

Caseworker does have some freedom in this area to give benefit of doubt;
she just wants to see you have not broken continuity of residence due to prolonged absences.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

DFDS.
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: MIDLANDS.
Contact:

Re: EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi noajthan, sorry to interrupt in your conversation. However as a member I find your responses to members questions quite irritating & very judgmental. I don't rely think you seem to understand the main reason why most of us are here.i see you jumping on each and every thread with a funny attitude towards the OPs questions and most of the times you're beating about the bush or telling off the OP. I wish you knew how much help some of us have received on this board through professional board members. You might be having some idea about EU immigration Law, but try not to mislead or even judge people who are desperately looking for answers. Most people here are qualified professionals in there own career's, mother's & fathers please....
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

noajthan
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am
Location: UK

Re: EEA PR Application Online- Missing Absences

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm

DFDS. wrote:Hi noajthan, sorry to interrupt in your conversation. However as a member I find your responses to members questions quite irritating & very judgmental. I don't rely think you seem to understand the main reason why most of us are here.i see you jumping on each and every thread with a funny attitude towards the OPs questions and most of the times you're beating about the bush or telling off the OP. I wish you knew how much help some of us have received on this board through professional board members. You might be having some idea about EU immigration Law, but try not to mislead or even judge people who are desperately looking for answers. Most people here are qualified professionals in there own career's, mother's & fathers please....
@DFDS, you have every right to your opinion and to contribute to topics. As do I.
And fortunately I am usually blessed with more bouquets than brickbats.

What you appear to be observing is a different point of view. And moderators keeping you honest, if you will.
The forum is a broad church where such things may be celebrated.

The forum is like a river too; anyone may dip their toe in, jump in, sink or swim and then leave at any time. Only the ripples persist.

Its unusual for people to proclaim about getting replies, most people get antsy when there are no replies;
I routinely have to ignore masses of PM requests for assistance.
And I make no apology for picking up posts that have been overlooked or otherwise do not garner responses; its all part of service to the community.

One man's beating about the bush is another's elucidation and perhaps even the Socratic method.
After all there are very few pat, 'one size fits all' type of answers in this complex area.
And a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

If you do not wish to see my responses you may block my responses via options in UCP - as I may block yours.
Except that I won't as I'm the Moderator here and Mods are tasked with keeping all on the straight and narrow, cutting down on noise, chatter and misleading contributions; monitoring Board T&Cs.

I know why people are here.
Probably for the same reason as I am - to fight the powers that be on behalf of their family and/or to learn something. And, sometimes, to stick it to the man.
The sorts of things I have had to do for prolonged periods and at great personal and financial expense.
And playing the "but I'm a mother/father/professional"-card won't cut it with UKVI/HO caseworkers.

However not everyones' motives are clean and pure; as a Mod I also see the dark, dank underbelly of the forum that, fortunately for them, most members are shielded from.

My response to OP above is:
  • factual;
    concise;
    points OP in right direction.
Positive advice offered to check background with a SAR.
OP also advised that, based on my research, the area of the application OP is concerned about (absences) is not necessarily a dealbreaker and so have tried to allay their fears.

If OP finds any of that irritating or judgemental then so be it; I happen to think it will help her/him to progress and succeed with their application.
Simple as that.

To help this OP further, and to keep their conversation topic 'on topic', perhaps you would now like to contribute the benefit of your experience and knowledge (and/or validate anything you find misleading).
That is how the hive mind of the forum operates.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Locked
cron