ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) for Non EEA family of EU/UK nationality

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sophia543389
Newly Registered
China

EEA(PR) for Non EEA family of EU/UK nationality

Post by sophia543389 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am

Hi there,

I have called several times to Home office for advice but came back with different answers, I really hope some one can help here.

My husband is an EEA national who entered UK in Feb 2012 and working since then, I am a Chinese national also working in the UK, we got married in Nov. 2013, I was granted EEA family residence card in Feb. 2014 expires in Feb. 2019. My husband got his UK PR in Mar. 2017 and became a British citizen on 11 Sep. 2018 which means my husband got dual-nationality (Spanish and British) . We had our first child in Dec 2018 and our child has British Nationality as well.

As my currently 5-year EEA family residence card is about to expire, I wonder if the EEA route still applies to me? can I apply for EEA PR under this situation? one person from Home office told me I can, the other said I cannot and have to apply for spouse visa. I have been living in the UK for 6 years (1 year as student and 5 years as EEA family), do I really need another visa? Can anyone help? any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Re: EEA(PR) for Non EEA family of EU/UK nationality

Post by mamalicious187 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 am

There are two options;

1. Apply for a PRC

or

2. Apply for an ILR

You do not need to apply for a spouse visa as you are eligible to apply for a document that permits you to live in the country without any restrictions.
sophia543389 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am
Hi there,

I have called several times to Home office for advice but came back with different answers, I really hope some one can help here.

My husband is an EEA national who entered UK in Feb 2012 and working since then, I am a Chinese national also working in the UK, we got married in Nov. 2013, I was granted EEA family residence card in Feb. 2014 expires in Feb. 2019. My husband got his UK PR in Mar. 2017 and became a British citizen on 11 Sep. 2018 which means my husband got dual-nationality (Spanish and British) . We had our first child in Dec 2018 and our child has British Nationality as well.

As my currently 5-year EEA family residence card is about to expire, I wonder if the EEA route still applies to me? can I apply for EEA PR under this situation? one person from Home office told me I can, the other said I cannot and have to apply for spouse visa. I have been living in the UK for 6 years (1 year as student and 5 years as EEA family), do I really need another visa? Can anyone help? any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

sophia543389
Newly Registered
China

Post by sophia543389 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you for your kind advice, I will go for the PRC then since I have been preparing for this route, just in case they refused me said I have to go through the spouse route (you never know what's going to happen :( ), is there any way I can rescue this?

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Post by mamalicious187 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Endeavour to go through the requirement thoroughly before you send out an application, you can find helpful information's via this link -

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

Good-luck with your application & have faith you would be successful

sophia543389
Newly Registered
China

Post by sophia543389 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you so much for your help :)!

Jboi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jboi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:48 am

Your route is PR, if you go for ILR, you will be refused. My friend did that and was advised by HO to go for PR