ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card - Rejection & Reapplying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aerielhart
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA Residence Card - Rejection & Reapplying

Post by aerielhart » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi - Looking for some clarification on a couple of things :) I am currently coming to the end of my Tier 5 YM visa in August, and applied for my Residence Card in February through my boyfriend who is Irish. We have been living together for nearly 3 years between here and Canada, but my application was refused because we didn't submit enough evidence we are in a committed relationship. It looks like the main reason I got refused was because we didn't submit enough paperwork and when we first moved here we had another roommate (but still had our own room in the 2 bed flat).

My question is, if I reapply for my residence card, get my COA (hopefully with work as it was with work for the first application) can I keep working in the meantime, even after my current visa expires? Or if I get a COA without work, will I be able to stay/take a leave of absense from work until they make a new decision?

Has anyone had any luck in re-applying and does it take roughly the same time as the first application? The first time I applied, we applied together, but now he has his Residence card, so theoretically it wouldn't be any slower? The first time we applied online and got the refusal/residence card within 13 weeks, but I only have 11 weeks left on my Tier 5.

Any advice/help would be a HUGE help!

Thanks