ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea residence card 'self sufficient'

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coliz
Newly Registered

eea residence card 'self sufficient'

Post by coliz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 pm

hello all

i have some questions about the eea residence card for my non EU spouse

im from Germany and im 18 years old

my husband is from turkey

we want to live in the UK

i want to apply as a self sufficient person

1- i never worked in the uk

2- our money would come from my non eu spouse family in turkey as they will pay for all my expenses and the money will be in my bank account in the uk

3-im currently living in turkey and my husband got his eea family permit to the uk in Istanbul for 6 months

what do you guys think?

are doing something wrong or are we on the right track ?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: eea residence card 'self sufficient'

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:17 pm

coliz wrote:hello all

Not mandatory if self sufficient which is also one of the mode to exercise treaty with rights.

2- our money would come from my non eu spouse family in turkey as they will pay for all my expenses and the money will be in my bank account in the uk

Yes it can make you self sufficient but you will need CSI too which covers whole family.

3-im currently living in turkey and my husband got his eea family permit to the uk in Istanbul for 6 months

Yeah you both can travel and the first three months you won't need to exercise your treaty rights.

what do you guys think?

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

coliz
Newly Registered

Post by coliz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
coliz wrote:hello all

Not mandatory if self sufficient which is also one of the mode to exercise treaty with rights.

Yes it can make you self sufficient but you will need CSI too which covers whole family.

Yeah you both can travel and the first three months you won't need to exercise your treaty rights.

what do you guys think?

thanks alot for the fast replay

i have two more question

how much money do we need to have in our bank account to be accepted as self sufficient?

does that money need to stay at a certain minimum amount the whole time we are there ? like it will not go under 3000 thousands?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:39 pm

There is no fixed threshold as the individual circumstances are usually considered but the funds must be sufficient to not to become burden on public funds. Most importantly the access of funds to EU national must be demonstrated and the CSI plan covers the whole family in majority of circumstances. Moreover there are several threads which you can search over same topic.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS