ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Permit and Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maplesnow
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA Residence Permit and Settlement Scheme

Post by maplesnow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:54 pm

I am an unmarried Canadian partner of an EU citizen and just received an EEA Family Permit a few days ago. My partner is starting graduate school in October, but we will be moving to the UK at the beginning of September and I am close to potentially receiving a job offer. I have a few questions about the best way going forward:

- Can we apply for both the EEA Residence Permit and the Pre-Settled Status at the same time when we arrive in the UK? Which option will give me the quickest path to work rights?
- Can we apply for the EEA Residence Permit in September even though my partner's program starts in October?
- Even though I am unmarried, will the COA for my applications come with right to work given that I entered the country on an EEA Family Permit?