ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kayun
Newly Registered
Germany

Eea

Post by Kayun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi
I have few questions to ask and I was little bit confusion.

1. I'm a family member of European union, when I apply for PR - do I need to submit my documents or one who sponsored documents to submit?

2. I'm already in a dependent visa which mean family member of European union, is it possible for me to sponsor for my wife?

3. I have already stayed in UK 3years legally but I got my family members of EU visa last week, should stay for another 5years of PR or I can apply within a next 2years?

4.suppose my family wants to go back European country but I wanna stay here, is it possible for me appy PR witbout their help?

5.After 5 years if I don't want to apply for PR , can j renewed my visa?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Eea

Post by Richard W » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 am

Kayun wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 pm
1. I'm a family member of European union, when I apply for PR - do I need to submit my documents or one who sponsored documents to submit?
You will need evidence of the residence of yourself and your sponsor. Under the current rules, you would need evidence that your sponsor is an EEA national and that the sponsor was a qualified person or had permanent residence. You would also need evidence that your sponsor was an EEA national and that throughout the 5 years you had a sponsor who was either a qualified person or a permanent resident. The status and identity of the sponsor may change during the period.
Kayun wrote:
2. I'm already in a dependent visa which mean family member of European union, is it possible for me to sponsor for my wife?
No. Your wife would have to be sponsored by your sponsor, and is unlikely to be accepted as an extended family member of your sponsor. Is your wife related to your sponsor? (It is possible but unlikely that your wife might have a different sponsor.)
Kayun wrote:
3. I have already stayed in UK 3years legally but I got my family members of EU visa last week, should stay for another 5years of PR or I can apply within a next 2years?
How are you related to your sponsor? Are you a direct family member or an extended family member? If you are only an extended family member, your period of residence under the EEA regulations would only have started when you were issued a residence card. What was your sponsor's status under EU law during those 3 years? If your sponsor was your father and had been working in the UK during those three years, and you were a direct family member, then they would count.
Kayun wrote:
4.suppose my family wants to go back European country but I wanna stay here, is it possible for me appy PR witbout their help?
If you cease to have a sponsor resident in the UK, your residence card will become invalid.
Kayun wrote:
5.After 5 years if I don't want to apply for PR , can j renewed my visa?
It is unlikely that any permanent residence cards will be issued in 5 years time. It is hard to see circumstances in which you would qualify for pre-settled status but not settled status Under the current rules, you could apply for a new residence card, but you would still have to satisfy the requirements.