Hi law girl,
congratulation for RC,
i got interview in first week of January 2016,
So can u please share your interview experience and questions and any thing else if u want to share,
are u non Eu,
thanks in advance and happy new year,[/quote]
About my interview experience - my husband, the lawyer and I were about 20 mins late but the home office allowed us to interview thank God!
When we arrived - they gave us a piece of paper to read basically saying how much trouble we would get into if our marriage turns out not to be real. Afterwards my husband was taken in and he was interviewed for about 2 hours. He can't remember a lot of the questions but they were about 70 and the few he remembered are on the following areas of our life:
- Whether or not we use contraception
- How he proposed to me (details about who we both called after the proposal)
- How we got the rings - if I needed to have the ring resized or if it fit perfectly
- if we have met each other's parents
- Our parent's name and what they do.
- Our home - when we started living together, who lives with us, who pays the bills, and description of the flat etc.
- Our job (how much we earn, where our offices are, how long we'd been working where we worked).
- Our wedding (details such as who we called after the wedding, who attended, the gifts we got, etc).
- Our lives in general - how we met etc
I was then interviewed for about an hour and asked about 8 questions - our lawyer said I answered the questions my husband was asked cos I generally talk a lot (lmao). Afterwards the officer said we are free to go.
I would advise you go with a lawyer because it keeps the home office in check. Also your lawyer will take notes and he/she can tell you how the interview went and how you did (its another pair of eyes and ears you know). Also be calm and friendly - i think that helped _ i didn't even feel like I was being interviewed - I was chatting away lool. And make sure you and your partner clear details on the little things that couples sometimes miss about each other over time.
I hope that helps. Oh and I am non- EU of course.