ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

One more question

Post by hunpak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi friends
Can u please kindly tell me if a RC (EEA2) holder wants to enter UK while his spouse is not with him or already in the country would he be able to enter..

Regards

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 am

Hello All,
Please keep the good news coming, don't allow the HO/UKBA stress and lost your hope.
Any news from any body this week?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:17 pm

I applied for EEA4 on the 15th of March.
I got a COA dated as 9 April 2010. And today I got another COA, dated as 16 April 2010.

Both COA have same reference number and same case ID number.

The only difference is how they spelt my name. I have "de" as part of my name. First time they didn't put it as part of the surname (as it was also in my previous residence card), and now they did (as in my current passport).

So they just updated it this now.

But I am trying to make sense on how they deal with my case.
As per COA, it was the same person registering and sending the letters to me.

I thought that once they send the COA, the application moves forward. My case is pretty straight forward and I sent load of evidence, etc.

So, what was the reason for the person to go back to my file and send another COA?

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Glauco,
I believe your case was just given to a caseworker and he/she spotted the error.
Finger cross, your passport will get back to you soon. Remember election is around the corner and labour are fighting for more vote through all means.

Commonwealth

EEA 2 static

Post by Commonwealth » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Am highly new to this forum and i do not want it to be down or not updated. Because it has really and really help me. Thanks to everyone.
I would like to share my experience with u all, l came to UK as a student to study PG diploma which l studied after i applied for post study work visa for 2 years which was turned cos l didnt produce certicate but l produced my result and transcripts, l was asked to appeal which l did but lost the appeal. During the process of my appeal l applied for certificate of approval for marriage which was allowed, later applied for unmarried visa before our wedding in december and it was rejected without appeal saying that l have no valid stay in UK. And i was asked to go to my country and settle with my wife. But am so lucky that my wife is a British and irish. Initially, l was dealing with HO/UKBA with my wife British nationality but l realized they were so sturborn to grant me continue stay. All l did was to reapply under EEA laws even before our wedding because l did not want to be arrested on my wedding day even though it was approved by ukba. So after the wedding l submitted fresh application under EEA2 law in dec 2009 received COA on the 12/01/2010, in march l recalled for my passport cos it has expired. Now l have got a new passport, received letter from home office asking me to submit my old and new passports with more payslips of my wife with letter of cohabitation since february 2009 which is not required by law but l didnt want to waste time all they requested for have been submitted. My case is with case worker as l was told on thursday when l posted the documents. I hope i receive my RC soon. It has been awful. That is my experience with UKBA.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: One more question

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 am

hunpak wrote:Hi friends
Can u please kindly tell me if a RC (EEA2) holder wants to enter UK while his spouse is not with him or already in the country would he be able to enter..

Regards
Hi hunpak, it is not a problem at all. EEA2 holders are allowed to enter the UK with or without their spouse. This only changes if the holder wants to enter the other EU member states.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi jajanana,
Thanks for the post and support! That's nice of you!
I wish my case was passed to the caseworker, but I guess it's too early yet. Maybe the person just processed, put in the pile again, and after a week did the same work all again! :-)

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: One more question

Post by hunpak » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 am

Forza_RC wrote:
hunpak wrote:Hi friends

Regards
Hi hunpak, it is not a problem at all. EEA2 holders are allowed to enter the UK with or without their spouse. This only changes if the holder wants to enter the other EU member states.
Thanks Forza_RC

that was very kind of u to clarify...

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 am

Hi All,
Any good news today, please come share with us.

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:09 am

Hello,

Sent our application on March 17th and have yet to receive a certificate of application, is this normal? Looking at the last few pages, it seems that most people got letters within a few weeks, but it's now been well over a month for us. Starting to get worried.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am

Maviesk you have to call them, the same thing happen to me.
Please call them and complaint.
They have broken the two weks role to issue COA.

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

jajanana wrote:Maviesk you have to call them, the same thing happen to me.
Please call them and complaint.
They have broken the two weks role to issue COA.
Thanks Jajanana! Which number do I call? I tried to call a number this morning but after pushing some buttons and a series of recorded messages, I was cut off..

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 pm

call 0845 010 5200 or 01516725626. be careful of which options you choose though listen carefully and choose the right extension. if you get it wrong call back and try another extension.

kafi

Post by kafi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:40 pm

i called homeoffice today to know any updates of my application..

i spoke to a lady , but she didnt let me know any updates ..

she told me i made application on 21 january,2010 ... as it is less than 6 months she isn't able to tell any updates , by law.

deyne

Post by deyne » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 pm

kafi wrote:i called homeoffice today to know any updates of my application..

she told me i made application on 21 january,2010 ... as it is less than 6 months she isn't able to tell any updates , by law.
Try not to be negative...hope for the best,plan for the worst...i sent my stuff in Feb 2009,when i called,nobody was able to tell me anything:UNDER CONSIDERATION...ur gonna get this a lot...

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:13 pm

maviesk wrote:Hello,

Sent our application on March 17th and have yet to receive a certificate of application, is this normal? Looking at the last few pages, it seems that most people got letters within a few weeks, but it's now been well over a month for us. Starting to get worried.
I'd advise you to send a complaint in writing to their complaints department. They are obliged by law to issue a COA immediately. You can quote 17 (3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Rules 2006 to back you up:
17 (3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Rules 2006 wrote:17(3) On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.
The complaints dept for the EEA applications is as follows: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... complaints.

Best of luck ;)

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

This is scandalous. I would demand to know what law states that they can't provide an update if your application is less than six months old???

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:

This is scandalous. I would demand to know what law states that they can't provide an update if your application is less than six months old???
happened to me so many times now i always thought it was just me. applied in Dec 2009 and still wouldn't give me any updates so i'm just gonna wait till June and have a real go at them.

Commonwealth

ADVICE ON EEA2

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi all, could anybody advice me how long will it take UKBA to issue my RC as my passport has been requested back?
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for the replies,

I called them this morning and turns out the application was sent back to us by recorded delivery on the 19th, however we never received anything.. The lady gave us a tracking number, now it says the package is being returned to the sender because we didn't pick it up! What a joke the Royal Mail is! I suppose we'll just have to wait until they get it and send it again right? I'd better call them again..

kafi

Re: ADVICE ON EEA2

Post by kafi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Hi all, could anybody advice me how long will it take UKBA to issue my RC as my passport has been requested back?
Thanks
when did you first apply ,

i think it should not take more than 4 weeks if they want your apssport back.

goodluck

Commonwealth

Post by Commonwealth » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Commonwealth wrote:
Hi all, could anybody advice me how long will it take UKBA to issue my RC as my passport has been requested back?
Thanks

when did you first apply ,

i think it should not take more than 4 weeks if they want your apssport back.

goodluck
l applied in Dec 2009 but in march 2010 l recalled my passport for renewal bcos it has expired. So, they have now requested for my passports both the old and new passports and l have posted them since last week thursday.

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Sat May 01, 2010 8:38 am

I feel good this morning......sooo good-sooo good!!!!!!!!!!
My success story so far
*I applied for Rc on 30th dec 2009
*HO recieved application on 31st dec 2009
*Recieved COA on 12 january 2010
*Call HO on the 19th of may 2010 and they told me my application is under consideration. Later on that eve, I had a call from HO asking me to confirm my addressed
*On the 30th of april 2010 received my passport with RC inside it dated on 27th april 2010

Just want to thank everyone in the house for their major contribution and inspiration.

God bless you All
Last edited by kindman on Sun May 02, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kafi

Post by kafi » Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 am

kindman wrote:I feel good this morning......sooo good-sooo good!!!!!!!!!!
My success story so far
*I applied for Rc on 30th dec 2009
*HO recieved application on 31st dec 2009
*Recieved COA on 12 january 2010
*Call HO on the 19th of january 2010 and they told me my application is under consideration. Later on that eve, I had a call from HO asking me to confirm my addressed
*On the 30th of april 2010 received my passport with RC inside it dated on 27th april 2010

Just want to thank everyone in the house for their major contribution and inspiration.

God bless you All
congratulation mate

no tension now... thanks god you got this in good time ..nearly 4 months...not so bad

have a nice day

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:24 am

Hi
I e-mailed HO requesting my passport for travel in late may--- no response
I phoned HO telling them I need my passport for travel in late may, lady didnt acknowledge me sending an e-mail and told me that she has put a message for the team to send my passports on the 11th of May as it might take 10 days for them to come back.

I asked her: can u tell me about progress in my application ans she said its still with the team under processing.

Today in the morning I have a letter from Royalmail that says iv got a parcel. Havent seen that yet as I wasnt at home, am sure its my passport cuz its got my FULL name on it. Do you think my RC has been issued? I applied in 1/3/2010.